Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Has anyone used the Taifun GT2 with a temp limiting mod? Is it stable, no resistance drift? Also, I know it won't have anywhere near the airflow of a Subtank, but how's the airflow compared to the kayfun, Fogger v4, Aqua etc?
I just got the hotcig clone from FT and it is absolutely stunning. Cant comapre with a KF v4 but I have an infinite KF lite plus clone with the single airhole and it is certainly a lot airier than that. I can do a pretty decent LH on the Taifun but that is difficult (impossible) on KF. As for TC, I havent tried but will do so very soon!

Reactions: KenD

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I don't have a Taifun yet, haven't even tried one. I went for dual coil RTAs quickly, only ever bought a Kaufun clone before moving on to dual coils. But now with TC single coil RTAs are appealing again :)

The Taifun is quite restrictive even more than the Kayfun V4 when it comes to air flow.
I have a Lemo 2 on Ni200 it works real good too, it's a single coil with a lot of air flow :)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Thanks y'all. Looks like I'll be ordering a GT v2 then. The build deck looks ideal for ni200 coils, and the clones are really cheap at fasttech.
As I said get the hot cig (comes with red oring spares for identification. Actually I think it's cheaper on gear best $19 or so but might be preorder.

$20.02 HOTCIG GT-T V2 RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (5.0mL) - stainless steel + matte glass / 23mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It was recommended highly and it is one of the best clones I have ever come across!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
You should give the Squape Reloaded a look as an alternative. The non-conductive deck is much more forgiving with nickel coils since you don't have to worry about shorts nearly as much as stainless steel decks, and the guide grooves in it makes coil attachment about as easy and fool proof as possible. Wicking is also extremely easy. Just trim the wicks at the edges of the deck, fluff the cotton, and wet it down with juice. That's it.

YAMQfhV.jpg

With a 3.1mm airflow hole it's a little better for lung hitting than the GT 2. Plus it has swappable decks for different build types. It has a Wide deck for large coils with lots of cotton wick, a B deck that works like an RDA where the wick sits in a pool of juice, and a D deck for dual coil builds which gives you separate airflow holes and juice channels for each coil.

11093107_1010016189026556_484155098_n.jpg

It works great for temperature control builds.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
You should give the Squape Reloaded a look as an alternative. The non-conductive deck is much more forgiving with nickel coils since you don't have to worry about shorts nearly as much as stainless steel decks, and the guide grooves in it makes coil attachment about as easy and fool proof as possible. Wicking is also extremely easy. Just trim the wicks at the edges of the deck, fluff the cotton, and wet it down with juice. That's it.

YAMQfhV.jpg

With a 3.1mm airflow hole it's a little better for lung hitting than the GT 2. Plus it has swappable decks for different build types. It has a Wide deck for large coils with lots of cotton wick, a B deck that works like an RDA where the wick sits in a pool of juice, and a D deck for dual coil builds which gives you separate airflow holes and juice channels for each coil.

11093107_1010016189026556_484155098_n.jpg

It works great for temperature control builds.
Just ordered the Rs with a W deck. Can't wait!!!

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Thanks for this thread, it reminded me that I'd yet to try either my Taifun GT2 or SquapeR (clones).

Squape will have to wait until tomorrow but I got the GT2 up. Unfortunately I don't have the Hotcig version Steve mentioned, but mine has turned out to be not bad. It's the same spec as Hotcig I think:

GT-T V2 RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (5.0mL) stainless steel + matte glass / 23mm diameter (SKU 2075000)

The only problem I had was that the screws are awful - really small heads. I got one wire tightened down quickly, but the other took me ages and ages and was really annoying - eventually I got it in place using my Helping Hands to hold the mod while I pulled the wire taut with pliers and screwed down hard at the same time. Even that took many attempts. I also used @WeirdWillie 's trick of lubricating the screw/wire with a drop of juice so it's less likely to be pushed out or pulled round by tightening.

Then I found my 3.0mm twisted wire (2x29G) coil was too fat to fit between the posts, so I had to elevate it to mostly above them - further away from the airhole than I'd usually want for flavour.

But wicking (Rayon) was easy, filling was easy and it didn't leak a drop. Airflow seems fine - I don't like huge gales particularly. I have with all holes open and that seems about right for me - I might try one hole less at some point too.

As for TC, it's working well. I am using Resistherm NiFe30, twisted, 2x29G, a mostly-contact coil; a couple of gaps I couldn't quite close because the twisted NiFe is springy as hell. But it holds together well once it's been pulsed a couple of times.

Vaping it on my SXK Flask at 420°F with Nickel Purity set to 40 (+8 compared to Resistherm's 0.0032 TCR) which is quite a bit lower than my calculator told me to use based on the SXK's low resistance of -0.07 on this coil (NP45 was calculated.) So I think there's quite a high static resistance in the atty itself - 0.03 at least - or else I possibly didn't get quite as firm connection as possible under those screw heads.

But it's stable and vaping really well at 30W. A really nice vape and not bad flavour, especially given how much gap I had to leave between coil and airhole. I really should have tried it before!

Tomorrow I will have a go with my Squape clone - the idea of non-conductive deck really appeals to me. Unfortunately I have a clone where the W deck won't fit on properly, I think only S and C work. Presumably I can file down the holes on the W a bit to get it on, though I don't know how fragile this deck material is?

I also have a new Rose v2 clone I've yet to try which looks kind of interesting - and complex! I took it apart to clean it end of last week and all the bits are still sitting around my ultrasonic, I've not yet bothered working out how it all goes back together :)

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
Just got my Hotcig Taifun GT-2 s from FT. As stated earlier the build quality is excellent. Best made clone I have gotten to date. I washed it off but it was spotless to begin with. Just put a 28g ni200 2.5mm coil that came out to 0.102. It is working pretty good. The only thing is I am getting a really warm vape at 370F instead of my usual 420-450. It does seem to be stable. Everytime I check resistance it is either 0.102 or 0.103

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread