Taking the plunge and just ordered a filter bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
That's funny. I was going to ask what's a filter bullet. I thought it might have been another cheap knock-off, like the Bolt.

You'l love the SB. They're built like tanks, practically indestructible. I've had the smaller Baby Bullet for almost 2 years and chain vaped the whole time. It's never once misfired or let me down for a second. Hope you can get one before they put those silly extra "make you feel all warm and fuzzy" vent holes in them. There are already hidden vents behind the switch that work just fine.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
What works better on it? A standard 501 atty or a LR?

Both work well. A standard 510 atty, around 3 ohms will give a cooler vape. A LR will be a warmer vape. Too low, say less than 2ohms might make some juices taste burnt or harsh. Personally, I vape a lot of fruit flavored juice, so I like mine on the cooler side. I use cartomizers in the range of 2.5 to 3ohms. Sometimes, I like darker juices at 2.2-2.5ohms. But, anything between 1.5 and up will work. It doesn't matter if it's an atty or a cartomizer or a tank system. The battery can handle the whole range, but I wouldn't go higher than 3.1ohms or else the vapor will be weak. All this is assuming you're using a single 18650 battery and not trying to stack batteries and vape at 6volts.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
What works better on it? A standard 501 atty or a LR?

Congrats of the SB. LR's are better because it'll enhance the flavor and TH. Along with that, it'll increase a warmer vapor. Downfall is that LR's will eat your battery life a little faster. Please use safe chemistry or protected batteries.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Congrats of the SB. LR's are better because it'll enhance the flavor and TH. Along with that, it'll increase a warmer vapor. Downfall is that LR's will eat your battery life a little faster. Please use safe chemistry or protected batteries.

No one can say categorically that LR's enhance flavor and TH. It depends on the juice and the PG/VG ratio. LR's destroy the flavor of some juice and enhance the flavor of others. LR's produce a vapor that is warmer, but can easily be felt as too hot to some people. The only thing you can say for sure about LR's is that they drain the battery a little faster and, since they burn hotter, they don't last as long as higher resistance attys. Whether that is worth any perceived increase in flavor or TH is something the user will have to decide.

It takes experimentation with different juices and attys of different resistance to decide for yourself what you prefer.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
No one can say categorically that LR's enhance flavor and TH. It depends on the juice and the PG/VG ratio. LR's destroy the flavor of some juice and enhance the flavor of others. LR's produce a vapor that is warmer, but can easily be felt as too hot to some people. The only thing you can say for sure about LR's is that they drain the battery a little faster and, since they burn hotter, they don't last as long as higher resistance attys. Whether that is worth any perceived increase in flavor or TH is something the user will have to decide.

It takes experimentation with different juices and attys of different resistance to decide for yourself what you prefer.

That's based on my vaping experience but I'm glad to know that you know more than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread