Tank/Cart ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
OK for now I'm using a EGO 650 PTand a reg run of the mill tank w/xl 1.5 dct cart. I drilled out the single hole slightly for more juice flow. After about 3 or 4 good hits it starts getting hot on the metal drip tip. Why is it getting hot? I'm waiting on 18650's and will be using an Indulgence at 3.7v when they arrive. Should I move up in resistance? I love the Visions and they don't get hot like the tank does. The Visions are 2.1-2.4 ohm
Also the tanks are VERY Harsh taste.​

bbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Florida
are you getting dry hits ? ... maybe another hole in the cart would help ? ... sounds like maybe you are vaping up all the juice in the cart and the small-ish hole can't keep up ? ... I'm just thinking out loud here

all the heat that is generated by your lr cart is cooled by the juice in the tank and the heat travels right up to your metal drip tip ... it has happened to me too using a metal tip ... use a delrin tip or whatever and you won't notice it ... also, sounds like maybe too much voltage with your lr cart ? ... does it taste burnt at all ? ... those lr cartos definitely generate some heat when vaping heavy ... when I use a 1.7 resurrector carto in a tank, I usually vape around 4.0v or less ... hope this may have helped or given you some ideas anyway

best luck

razorxwire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
Spanaway, WA
Yeah, there's lots of heat generated there it sounds, and the heat transferring to the metal tip sounds like the problem. Agreeing with bbb, get something other than a metal tip, and this will go away. As long as nothing's melting or arcing, and it's not causing you physical harm, I wouldn't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread