Tank cracking in general, mbv juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
When you read that a juice is a tank cracker, how long does it typically take a juice to damage a tank?
I ordered some mbv double apple, blood orange and razzleberry. Only the blood orange is listed as a tank cracker but the green apple flavoring used in the double apple is listed as a tank cracker. Should I chance it?

What's your experience with tank cracking juices, and how long did it take to damage the tank/ what happened to the tank?

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Well, I don't usually use plastic tanks, but did recently with a new juice my local shop brewed up to test it. It is a tank cracker so, I'll tell you what happened.

Loaded a CE4 with it, 1.6 mils. proceeded to attach it to the battery and vape. 0.5 mils later, the tank plastic was cloudy looking so, I knew then it was affecting the plastic, stopped vaping it, let it set another hour in the tank, picked the tank up and squeezed with thumb and forefinger only gently, like trying to hols a slightly slick tank - snap, juice bath time. Confirmed tank cracker. (Lucy's Vapor Store, Vanilla Cola flavor, FYI)

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
I've been vaping something I thought was a potential tank cracker, actually two of them, in my Evods all day today and not had issues yet, one was MBV's Red Cream Soda, the second Nicquid's Strawberry Fuzz. The first had me wary just because of 'soda' in the name, and looking at various red creme sodas online led me to believe there was citrus in it, and the Strawberry Fuzz has peaches, another I assumed would be a tank-killer (maybe incorrectly?), but so far both my Evods are fine, and I've been burning through that Nicquid like nobody's business.. So either the Evods are more resilient than other tanks, or neither of those juices have strong enough concentrations of a tank-cracking flavoring in them to affect anything. YMMV, as Susie posted above, it seems Evods will indeed crack given the right juice mixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread