Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
Ok I need to ask this because it just doesn't seem right to me. I have 2 minis had them now a couple months the most if even that. Anyway I use carto tanks on mine. IBtanks and Iken Cartos. So I screw the tank in and use, great vape but the tank wiggles from side to side at the connector. Now the cartos are flanged and it doesn't sit flush against the top cap of the Provari. It doesn't move a lot but enough to have me worried something is wrong. Is this normal for a tank to be able to wiggle a little even though it is secure in the threads without being over tightened? I did write to provape and they said that was normal because they set the pin higher due to the many dif juice deliver devices people use on there devices. I don't know it still doesn't seem wright that the tank should move at all. Any info from fellow members would be appreciated.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have noticed this phenomenon occassionally with my Provari's and IBtanks. It doesn't bother me as long as carto is engaged enough to make an electrical connection with the Provari's connector.

However, if this really is bothering your sense of aesthetics, try pushing the tank down firmly on your carto's flange so that the flange is set against the bottom end cap, and then turn the entire tank tighter onto the Provari connector. I am able to get a flush look with no wiggle after doing so. However, with no gap between the tank caps and the Provari, this might affect airflow for the carto when you vape.

Don't twist the tank (carto) onto the Provari so tight that it gets stuck. Probably would not strip the threading on either, but THAT would make me more nervous than a little wiggle.

Last edited:

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
I have noticed this phenomenon occassionally with my Provari's and IBtanks. It doesn't bother me as long as carto is engaged enough to make an electrical connection with the Provari's connector.

However, if this really is bothering your sense of aesthetics, try pushing the tank down firmly on your carto's flange so that the flange is set against the bottom end cap, and then turn the entire tank tighter onto the Provari connector. I am able to get a flush look with no wiggle after doing so. However, with no gap between the tank caps and the Provari, this might affect airflow for the carto when you vape.

Don't twist the tank (carto) onto the Provari so tight that it gets stuck. Probably would not strip the threading on either, but THAT would make me more nervous than a little wiggle.

It is sitting tight on the flange, the flange is why there is a gap and the bottom cap on tank don't sit flush with top of Provari lol. There is no way to have it flush against each other lol.

I do have it as tight as poss without it being impossible to remove but still get that wiggle.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, I don't know what else to tell you. It's possible that the center pin on your Provari is a little higher than normal preventing that last tweak of the cartomizer for a flush look.

Try screwing just an empty carto (without the tank) onto the Provari connector. You should be able to get it on tight enough without any wiggle of the carto.

Do you have any other tanks or devices with this problem?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Baditude said:
Do you have any other tanks or devices with this problem?
Tjloa said:
Yes on tanks and no on devices.
So, all of your IBTanks with Ikenvape cartos wiggle on your Provari? But do you have other juice delivery devices which do NOT wiggle on your Provari. Which devices have you used? I'm just trying to figure this issue with the IBTanked/Ikenvape combo out. :confused:

Try screwing just an empty carto (without the tank) onto the Provari connector. You should be able to get it on tight enough without any wiggle of the carto.
Did you try this? Does a single carto wiggle on your Provari's connector when attached all the way? Do you have cartos from another manufacturer, and do they also wiggle?

Last edited:

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
So, all of your IBTanks with Ikenvape cartos wiggle on your Provari? But do you have other juice delivery devices which do NOT wiggle on your Provari. Which devices have you used? I'm just trying to figure this issue with the IBTanked/Ikenvape combo out. :confused:

Did you try this? Does a single carto wiggle on your Provari's connector when attached all the way? Do you have cartos from another manufacturer, and do they also wiggle?

I have cirrus tanks and yes still happens. Tried with smok cartos same thing with wiggle.
Yes tried with smok cartos.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have cirrus tanks and yes still happens. Tried with smok cartos same thing with wiggle.
Yes tried with smok cartos.
Seems the issue is with the Provari's connector, then. All of you juice carriers are doing the wiggle, so that eliminates them.

You can contact Provape about this issue if one of the company reps don't respond to you here. Likely they will advise you to tap the center post of the Provari in a little deeper with a hammer and appropriate-sized tool, like a nail punch.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
yup they said this but im afraid to lol i don't want to break it lol

I totally understand the sentiment. :laugh: However, I believe the center pin is of the "floating" variety, which means it can be adjustable. Careful light tapping with the right instrumentation or tools should pose no problems to the Provari...it's built pretty tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread