Tank problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, New to the forums.

I have been having problems regarding burnt taste with my tanks. And I mean "tanks."

On several different tanks I start to get burnt tasteafter about 2 or 3 days. No idea why.

The tanks I've used are, aspire bdc, iclear 30b, smoktech dct (carto), and protank 2.

I have an itaste svd that I'm using with all of these tanks.

I was having similar problems with my old smoktech Sid a while back and decided to replace it with the svd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as replacing coils is starting to get expensive.

Sent from my VS980 4G

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Bring the voltage/Wattage down good chance your burning the wick.
    "Bet you take long hard draws"

When the wick gets burnt no way to fix it except changing the wick after reducing voltage if you see improvement ten change the wick.

Kanger suggest when using pro tanks no high than around 4.5 volt with 2.3-3.0 ohm coil it depends on ohms of coil.

8-9 watts is high for protank etc.

Edit in
    kanger-evod-replacement-coil-assembly.jpg

Last edited:

When the wick gets burnt no way to fix it except changing the wick after reducing voltage if you see improvement ten change the wick.

Kanger suggest when using pro tanks no high than around 4.5 volt with 2.3-3.0 ohm coil it depends on ohms of coil.

Edit in
    kangertech-protank-atomizer-heads-5-pack

Well I usually have a 2.0 or 2.2 ohm and that doesn't exceed 4.4v on 9 watts. And I usually take long soft drags honestly.

Sent from my VS980 4G

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Well I usually have a 2.0 or 2.2 ohm and that doesn't exceed 4.4v on 9 watts. And I usually take long soft drags honestly.

Sent from my VS980 4G

I'm looking at the chart that came with my protanks say's "Suitable voltage to different resistance"

volts x volts divided by ohms = watts

Last edited:
    I'm going to try that. My thing is, after vaping like 8 or 9 watts, I would usually get about a week or so out of my coils up until recently. I thought it may be an issue with my svd as it's started to turn off on its own recently. But I wanted to see if there was any other solutions. My Sid was literally blowing through coils the same way and we figured it was voltage regulation problem with the device

Sent from my VS980 4G

inksane

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2011
    Minnesota
    www.halfpricepartybus.com

Edit in

I agree with dropping voltage down, I have had the same issues when running too high of voltage.

Axismundixl

ECF Veteran
    Mar 13, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Dear vaping psycho ;)
    Try to take your clearo apart and clean with running warm water, dry overnight so you know for sure it's clean. Use a new original coil. Check the ohms on a ohm meter. Try the lowest setting possible and work your way up. The lower the volt/watts the cooler the Vapor. Especially for 100% VG liquids it is better to stay on the low side of the chart. You will get the best result if you stick to the middle of the road :) if you are not satisfied with the amount of vapor I suggest you step up to the next level and get an RBA and start learning to wrap your own coils.

Try this chart :

u5atugy2.jpg

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA

Edit in

I think that chart is pretty low especially on the Aspire heads the Nautilus especially. One thing I have found out about the Aspire BDC's is a Tank Air Flow Controller is a must. I use 50/50 juice and the 1.8 heads on the BDC at 3.7v and I get tons of vapor and great taste. If you check your head the 1.8's are usually 1.9 on the Nautilus with a 1.8 head I use about 4.3v again great taste and vapor. Watch Phil Busardo's video on air. When I say the chart is low I am speaking of Bottom Dual Coil heads. Go to Phils site at tasteyourjuice.com and go to charts and pulling up the vaping power chart. Lots of info.

Last edited:

BostonVape

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 25, 2013
    BeanTown
    You also could just be getting some bad replacement heads which is pretty common with aspire/kanger heads..

make sure you are letting the juice sit for 5 min before you start vaping on it (which Im sure you already do).. I also give it a few dry hits before I fire the mod.

You honestly shouldnt have any issues with higher voltage if you are using the Iclear30B because its dual coil so that one kind of confuses me.. Ive used my iclear heads at 4.2-4.5 volts and never get an actual 'burnt' taste..

I would give the AeroTank or PT3 a shot since the dual coil heads seem to be much better than the single coil in my experience.. Been using the aerotank for a couple weeks and changed head 3 times and no burnt taste or dry hits.. but I never really go above 4volts on it w my provari

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    You also could just be getting some bad replacement heads which is pretty common with aspire/kanger heads..

make sure you are letting the juice sit for 5 min before you start vaping on it (which Im sure you already do).. I also give it a few dry hits before I fire the mod.

You honestly shouldnt have any issues with higher voltage if you are using the Iclear30B because its dual coil so that one kind of confuses me.. Ive used my iclear heads at 4.2-4.5 volts and never get an actual 'burnt' taste..

I would give the AeroTank or PT3 a shot since the dual coil heads seem to be much better than the single coil in my experience.. Been using the aerotank for a couple weeks and changed head 3 times and no burnt taste or dry hits.. but I never really go above 4volts on it w my provari

Good advice. Since I posted that I am able to go down to 3.5v on the Aspire BDC's and get a good vape with a 50/50 juice the Nautilus on the other hand takes 4.3v with the 1.8 head. It tells you on the head voltage able to be used the BDC 1.8's are 3v-5v the Nautilus 1.8's are 3v-6v. I can't wait for the new aerotanks to come out. Viper-Vape is showing the Megas are going to be $34 which seems pretty low considering they have 2 head and a SS and Pyrex tanks included.

Last edited:

BostonVape

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 25, 2013
    BeanTown
    Good advice. Since I posted that I am able to go down to 3.5v on the Aspire BDC's and get a good vape with a 50/50 juice the Nautilus on the other hand takes 4.3v with the 1.8 head. It tells you on the head voltage able to be used the BDC 1.8's are 3v-5v the Nautilus 1.8's are 3v-6v. I can't wait for the new aerotanks to come out. Viper-Vape is showing the Megas are going to be $34 which seems pretty low considering they have 2 head and a SS and Pyrex tanks included.

Theres a new Aerotank coming out? I had no idea.. do you have a link to them? Curious what they look like..

I really want to try the Nautilus but I feel like its just a little too bulky.. I dunno the think looks HUGE lol but I really should just get one..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread