Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapiing pet

Oct 27, 2014
Pennsylvania
Ok so we quickly learned the difference between a top duel coil and a bottom dual coil. Needless to say I'm all about BDC. But I have a question.... I currently have an Aspire bdc, a Kangertech t3d and an iclear 30b. Other than the fact that I favor the iclear only because I love the way it looks and I love the rotating tip, a BDC is BDC.....right? I mean the rest seems to really just be a casing.

So why all the different tanks? Are there reasons outside of the coil placement that make one more desirable than the other? (discounting cosmetics)

Sorry for the noobish question :)

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
There are no bad questions...except those not asked!

Material of construction, fill methods and air flow are a couple things that vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Also...that aspire bdc will rock your world if you swap to the new BVC coils. Be sure to get the non-nautilus type as they are different than the ones for the nautilus models. Also be sure to get originals and not knockoff/counterfeits.

They are a bottom-single-coil as opposed to a double coil but the increase in vapor and overall performance is amazing.

Sweet-Vapes has them here: Aspire BVC Coils - Aspire Coils - Aspire - Clearomizers Tanks

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
In essence yes they are all Bottom Dual Coil tanks but I am sure you have noticed that they are not interchangable between them.

A little tip re the Kanger tanks you can re-build the coils yourself and save some money also everyone seems to be saying how good the BVC (Bottom Vertical Coils) are from Aspire for their tanks.

Again with the Kanger gear it is easy to rebuild their coil to a BVC. Here is a post I did on how to do this

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ed-kanger-dual-coil-single-vertical-coil.html

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
Atomizers are deceptively complex. There are two flows that are very important to us: the flow of liquid to the coil (and hopefully not out of any airholes, etc!), and the flow of air: from the world, over the coil, and to us.

I'm not well-versed in many atomizers available, but I imagine a great deal of them vary in how these flows are managed. Not enough liquid to the coil an we've got dry hits, too much liquid and we're leaking. Not enough air and we get a harsh vape. Air also alters the vacuum pressure for most bottom coil designs, affecting the liquid flow as well (so not enough suction and we get dry hits, or too much suction for flooding).

So while I can't provide specifics, I do imagine that there are some genuine differences besides just branding!

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
*tips hat*

Thanks for the info. Oh and I'll be sure to watch my vocabulary. Tanks.....pffft I'm such a noob lol

No, we're definitely talking about tanks here, no worries there! :)

I just happened to see this topic after finding I have to think more about how vaping works, when it comes to rebuildable tanks. You're in the unfortunate position of witnessing me lecturing myself :p

I loved the way the IClear30 looked, liked the drip tip, but found the airflow to be uninspiring. At first the tight draw was a good thing, or so I thought, but had lots of dry hit issues after a while. Went to bottom coils with Protank series, was pleased with the difference in price between the coils. So there is that, Kanger tanks seem to be ubiquitous enough to be very economical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread