Taste buds suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
Why the hell do our taste buds change? Just when I got my favorite flavors nailed. I used to be able to taste the crust in all the pies now I can't. Boston cream pie used to give me tons of that custard taste! Not anymore! Banana nut bread was warm and nutty kind of a more subtle banana taste, not anymore! Butter rum was a blast of rum and sweet! Not anymore! Now i know dang well Geoff didn't go changing all those recipes! I think my taste buds have gone menapausal ( sp)! Really ticks me off!
Like craving chinese food all day and your favorite restaurant is closed. Waaaa:confused:

Anyone else notice this happening? Is this what happens after no analogs for a year? Or am I just crazy?

Last edited:

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Anyone else notice this happening? Is this what happens after no analogs for a year? Or am I just crazy?

Happens to me from time to time after 2 years, so no it's not you. Are you crazy? 'Tis a different question altogether. =)

When my taste buds go on hiatus I vape plain menthol or lemon for a few days. Comes right back.

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
Yes your crazy!!! But we all love ya 8)
As for the taste buds, yeah it sucks that they change. With the exception of A/C, I can only vape any other TV for a little while and then I have to go back to A/C to get my taste buds satisfied. I think with you taking medications and havn't been off them for that long, it might be the culprit of changing taste buds, just relax and wait a good 30 days since your last meds. Cari might know more about this that me but I think meds are in your system at least 30 days after the last dose.

Why the hell do our taste buds change? Just when I got my favorite flavors nailed. I used to be able to taste the crust in all the pies now I can't. Boston cream pie used to give me tons of that custard taste! Not anymore! Banana nut bread was warm and nutty kind of a more subtle banana taste, not anymore! Butter rum was a blast of rum and sweet! Not anymore! Now i know dang well Geoff didn't go changing all those recipes! I think my taste buds have gone menapausal ( sp)! Really ticks me off!
Like craving chinese food all day and your favorite restaurant is closed. Waaaa:confused:

Cari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Beach Dreaming
I just tried a new batch of Almond Horn that's been steeping for almost three weeks and it burns my tongue, and tastes like plastic. It even seems to be making my tongue a little numb? Smelling the bottle it smells very unlike my beloved Almond Horn. I've been sick, but I have to admit this new batch smelled funny to me from day one. It's been one of my favorites since it came out. OMG, what if I never get my almond horn taste buds back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread