tastes like... soap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
I just got 6 small bottles of e-liquid from a vendor who I don't want to mention quite yet. But they come recommended by at least some members here and they make their juice to order and it's not cheap. It's 50/50, 12 mg, various non-tobacco flavors. All of them taste like soap. Please tell me this will go away with some time? I'm using a KGO & new stardusts as well as ones that I used and rinsed out.

I've had 100% VG and 50/50 before from a few other sources, never had this problem. I'm pretty new to this - if you think it just needs to be steeped can you explain the process to me? Is there anything to speed it up because if I can't vape these liquids, I'm going to run out of juice before I can get more in the mail.

I could also use some recommendations for e liquids. I'm not a big fan of tobacco flavor but I'd try one if it's totally incredible. I like minty, menthol, coffee, chocolate, vanilla. Fruit flavors appeal to me but I haven't had one yet that I've liked. They all taste weird and cough syrupy. Apparently I'm sensitive to chemical-tasting flavors and soapy tastes. Out of everything I've tried so far my favorite is pink cotton candy from sweet vapes. I wasn't even sure if I'd like it since I haven't had cotton candy since I was like 8 yrs old. I think it may be beneficial that I have nothing real to compare it to, so it tastes okay to me.

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
It seems to have worked really well, thanks again for the tips.

I steeped them in hot tap water for about an hour, and rolled each one between my hands to mix them. Then I took the lids off, covered the tops with a paper towel (they are glass dropper bottles so they were wide open), and let them sit overnight. One of the flavors that I thought was disgusting tastes awesome today :D

I think part of the problem was the first flavor I tried was piña colada. I really like piña coladas, but I think coconut oil tastes like soap. Apparently they use a very natural coconut flavor because it tastes just like the extra virgin coconut oil that I use for cosmetic purposes. (I use it on my hair, and it smells so good... Once I decided to taste it and it was delish at first but then finished just like soap). I smelled that juice today and it still reminds me of soap. So I'm just going to avoid coconut flavors and write that bottle off as a learning experience. I think it ruined my palate for the entire evening.

I did go on an ordering spree last night, ordering a few small bottles each from some vendors that were suggested.

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
Sorry you had to put up with that, Clovery. Some may be better after "steeping" for a while. It's the flavorings some vendors use. I've often wondered if some vendors have actually tried their own juices lately. When I get some that tastes like soap or perfume, I throw them in a drawer and try them again after a few weeks. I don't take the caps off, throw them in a hot tub or swing a dead chicken over them. Sometimes a miracle happens. Usually not. ALL of my favorites have been great right out of the mailbox. Please tell us about the one that you fixed.

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
One thing to consider is that it's common for taste buds to go a bit haywire so early in the quitting process. A couple days after my last analog everything tasted wretched. My favorite foods suddenly tasted rotten. The same thing happened to my stepsister. Her boyfriend took her out for a nice steak dinner and she couldn't eat it. It didn't last long, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread