Status
Not open for further replies.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
:) Being as it's Sunday, set about stocking up on some tasty concoctions. Here is one I like and I hope you do too!

Creamy Butterscotch

NF Butterscotch 8%
FA Caramel Candy 5%
FA Whipped Cream 3%
HA Toffee 2%
FA Vanilla Bourbon 2%
TPA Brown Sugar 2%

You can of course tweak to your liking. I do this with 50/50 at 6mg for my Magma and can enjoy it even pre- steep. Just shake well!!

Enjoy.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I chickened out on making up straight mix's using butterscotch as a standalone after reading of poor results using most of what's available. Seems that NF and FW got the best reviews so I find it interesting you like the TFA as a standalone...will give it a try next order.
This recipe has just the right balance and makes for a great after dinner (zero calorie) dessert! Not an ADV though for sure.

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
I think the TFA Butterscotch is quite nice. I mix it at 15% 70/30 (VG/PG) at 1.5 mg. I think I could even go up to like 17-18% and still be a nice balance! I haven't tried other Butterscotch's but TFA makes a good!
I like to test my flavors that I am unsure of what their overall flavor profile is. So I make small batches of single flavors to test them out and see how they will mix with other flavors. Not every manufacturer makes flavors taste the same, so each one is totally different. I find that when I don't try them out first the mix never turns out. I just made a Mango Watermelon using TFA, pretty standard simple recipe, mixed at 5% Watermelon and 15% Mango (previously used LorAnn's at same %'s) but it was all Perfume!! Was so gross and frustrating! Luckily only mixed a 3 ml batch. So I tried both the Mango and Watermelon and they are very light on flavor compared to LorAnn's, so I adjusted the %'s a little and it turned out much better! The watermelon from TFA seems to have a Parfumey note to it at Higher %'s, but also has a very light Watermelon flavor, so quite disappointed by this. I think I'll try Cappella next!

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Yep, same experience with TFA watermelon as you had. Seems hard to find a good strong watermelon flavoring that isn't perfumey and LorAnn's is the closest I have found so far. I would like to try recreating Mastermind Elixirs 'Snake Oil' since, to my taste at least, it is the best combination of watermelon and mint crystals I have found in a commercially made e liquid, really exquisite flavor.

Whenever I use an alternative flavoring company in a known good recipe (usually due to some being 'out of stock') it's a wildcard as to whether or not it will work out well and usually not! This has happened to me recently using Cap. Graham Cracker (clear) to replace FW and Cap. Sweet Strawberry replaced by FA Strawberry- most disappointing!

So yes, flavor profiling is essential. ..can be fun and time consuming but the best way to work out recipes and get familiar with individual flavor characteristics.

I could try loosing the cream in this recipe and the brown sugar but I liked the tweaks. I found Hangsen Toffee goes well with the NF Butterscotch and added FA Caramel Candy for good measure but it is a work in progress as always lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread