ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
None of this is "statistical data." Self-reporting is not a valid method in teens, IMHO. Or maybe generally. I just know that when I got that little pop quiz I decided to lie.... To lie in a way that suited my purposes which was to be stealthy.

Also if we're going to get into illicit drug use, well, in Tucson, they'd better start doing the "survey" at around age 10, frankly. Sad but true.

Do I trust a "self-report" survey that the "government conducts"??? Nope, no I do NOT. If it doesn't say what the government WANTS, then really, they will figure out a way to skew it. I really.... just argh.

Anna

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I'm not going to get political with this but.....NPR among others has a tendency to try to sway the low information people that only hear blurbs. They tend to lean on the side that promotes the legalization of certain substances, yet ban others.

They also have the tendency to always say get out and vote, you have to vote. They however, never actually tell people to learn the issues or the people running.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm not going to get political with this but.....NPR among others has a tendency to try to sway the low information people that only hear blurbs. They tend to lean on the side that promotes the legalization of certain substances, yet ban others.

They also have the tendency to always say get out and vote, you have to vote. They however, never actually tell people to learn the issues or the people running.
So npr is actually FOX news then? This is so confusing.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
So npr is actually FOX news then? This is so confusing.

They're all trying to grab ratings first and reporting the whole truthful story second. I don't believe 1/4 of the stuff that comes from news outlets, I always feel there's more to the story.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Teens are always going to try what they shouldn't and push boundaries. No news there and no cure either. It's a rite of passage so to speak. You can't keep them busy or underfoot 24/7. Nor should you. I experimented with many things, but life taught me where to draw the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread