Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Hi people,

Kinda new to gennies so forgive the dumb questions. Running a Ti build in the Ori using a 3mm 26g spaced single coil at about 0.3ohms or so (dont have it with me...). Wicked with cotton and using a 70:30 VG juice. So regardless of the set temp, I am getting bags of vapour with some flavour, but it still 'feels' anaemic in some way and very cool. Resistance is stable (not futile), everything locked down tight. Any ideas for altering build to get a warmer vape?? Lower guage, smaller diameter, twisted??

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Just chiming in as an Origenny/Ti (and cotton) user with what works for me...
Single coil mode I've never managed to get better than an "okay" vape, both on DNA40s and Dani V2+. I've tried countless variations on build.
Dual coil though (anywhere from 5 to 8 wraps) has been far far better. Warmer, denser, flavorsome.
Typically I use 2x 5 or 6 wrap spaced 26g Ti grade 1, 3mm. Around 30w with 370F setting on the DNA40.

Damn thing eats juice though. lol

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
2.5mm 24g spaced single coil @ 0.18Ω. Rayon wick. Honestly? Regardless of the build, wire type or wicking material, I dislike the vape from the MKII.

View attachment 511769

was that directed at me?!?! I have 8 wraps 26g Ti around 3.0mm with OC scottish roll wick. Its not bad. Not fantsatic but not bad....I agree that cotton wicks are maybe not ideal but I cant be bothered with mesh...Maybe I will try with a dual at some point.

Reactions: sig-cmt

CigaHz

Dec 4, 2015
Kcmo
Hi people,

Kinda new to gennies so forgive the dumb questions. Running a Ti build in the Ori using a 3mm 26g spaced single coil at about 0.3ohms or so (dont have it with me...). Wicked with cotton and using a 70:30 VG juice. So regardless of the set temp, I am getting bags of vapour with some flavour, but it still 'feels' anaemic in some way and very cool. Resistance is stable (not futile), everything locked down tight. Any ideas for altering build to get a warmer vape?? Lower guage, smaller diameter, twisted??

Try 28awg wire? That will raise the heat flux which in turn will produce a hotter Vape at the same wattage/joules...

Reactions: cigatron

TheKman

Master of the Obvious
Nov 12, 2015
Melbourne, Australia.
Single or dual coil? Single coil is a relatively small surface area. Dual coils at this impedance is four times the surface area. Temperature control only moderates the coil resistance, not the total power, and has no visibility with respect to physical configuration.

In short, we need more information. Pics would be extremely helpful.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
whoops. Sorry guys I missed these replies. Thanks for the help.
To be honest, I sort of fixed it up by changing the wick to a scottish roll which is giving much better results so I guess I was limited in juice delivery.

I will post some pics asap just to see what you think!

it is authentic MKII!

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
2.5mm 24g spaced single coil @ 0.18Ω. Rayon wick. Honestly? Regardless of the build, wire type or wicking material, I dislike the vape from the MKII.

origen_24g_ti.jpg

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
Here's me hoping that something like this is going to be the flavour 'holy grail'.
All I can say is that flavors are presented differently. Personally, I find the presentation of flavors in the MKII to be very good with certain juices and poorer with others. Again, YMMV.

What do you mean by high power...Are we on the same page?
Clarification: By high powered, I am referring to high temps. Specifically with rayon and TC, even if a rayon wick runs straight through vertical coils, there is not enough wicking ability to handle 500F and up temps. Had there been more room on the deck to build larger 3.5mm coils with, I gather that this would not have been an issue for me. Is the build in your Bellus a vertical coil with a single tail or a horizontal coil with dual tails?

was that directed at me?!?! ...Not fant[a]s...tic but not bad......but I cant be bothered with mesh...
Yes, in the sense that I am also running a Ti build in the MKII under TC which does not vape fantastic, but is not bad. I dislike it, yes, but the vape is not bad. And I too cannot be bothered with mesh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread