Temp mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex19980

May 13, 2018
Hello iam new to forum and i bought Eleaf ipower and ebeco super tank mini a month ago so far i have replaced all the factory coils couse of burn taste i was vaping at 40w then i whent to my local shop and he sugested me to get ijust s 0.3 ss coil an go to temp mode now i have the 0.3 but it doesnt say SS it just says 0.3 40-80 and it lets me vape at 79w 100-600celsius so is it ok to vape in temp mode 100c 79 w

Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I'm having trouble finding the coil you're using. Are you sure it's for the iJust S and not the iJust 2? I don't think the 0.3 ohm iJust 2 coil is stainless steel, but I could be wrong.

TC is great and I love it, but you might be able to solve your problem without it. First, are you priming your coils before the first use? If not, slowly drip several drops of ejuice onto any cotton you can see before you install the coil. Then put the coil in, fill your tank and wait 5 - 15 minutes before you start vaping.

When you start, you need to break in your coil. Set your wattage well below the lowest recommended wattage. For a coil that says 40 - 80 w, you might start around 20 w. Take a few puffs at 20 w, then go up to 25. Gradually work your way up until you don't like the vape anymore. Then go back down to where it was best. Don't worry if this is below the recommended setting.

If you do confirm that your coil is ss, you could vape at 100 C/ 79 w, but that's a low temperature with a high power, and I don't think you'd like it much. You might be better off starting around 160 C and 50 - 60 w. 160 C is still fairly low so if that doesn't work bring it up until it does.

Alex19980

May 13, 2018
I'm having trouble finding the coil you're using. Are you sure it's for the iJust S and not the iJust 2? I don't think the 0.3 ohm iJust 2 coil is stainless steel, but I could be wrong.

TC is great and I love it, but you might be able to solve your problem without it. First, are you priming your coils before the first use? If not, slowly drip several drops of ejuice onto any cotton you can see before you install the coil. Then put the coil in, fill your tank and wait 5 - 15 minutes before you start vaping.

When you start, you need to break in your coil. Set your wattage well below the lowest recommended wattage. For a coil that says 40 - 80 w, you might start around 20 w. Take a few puffs at 20 w, then go up to 25. Gradually work your way up until you don't like the vape anymore. Then go back down to where it was best. Don't worry if this is below the recommended setting.

If you do confirm that your coil is ss, you could vape at 100 C/ 79 w, but that's a low temperature with a high power, and I don't think you'd like it much. You might be better off starting around 160 C and 50 - 60 w. 160 C is still fairly low so if that doesn't work bring it up until it does.
Yep iam priming em waiting for 30 min before vaping and yes i wrote the coil wrong its ijust s also iam forgot to mention iam using 50/50 vg pg well i gues its back to watt mode than you for your quick response

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Yep iam priming em waiting for 30 min before vaping and yes i wrote the coil wrong its ijust s also iam forgot to mention iam using 50/50 vg pg well i gues its back to watt mode than you for your quick response
Welcome and glad you joined.
Most folks vape in the watt mode so you have lots of company.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA

Once primed you can vape immediately. You just need to prime it well first but there is no need to let it sit for 30 minutes. I know many people here like to let them sit but I have never done that and I have never needed to. But I do prime all my coils before use.

Also the super tank with stock coils (.5 OHm) doesn't need 40 watts. More like 25 watts maybe 30 as the coils get worn. 40 watts is high and would explain the burnt taste to me. I own three Tobeco Super Tanks and I use Aspire Atlantis .5 coils in it. 23-25 watts was the norm for me. Anything more and the coils would taste burnt.

I know by default the super tank arrives with a single .2 and .5 coil. The .2 might like 40 watts but the .5 won't.

Just my two cents.

Oh and welcome!

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
I vaped the super tank before getting into rebuilding. I vaped .5 ohm coils and in watt mode at around 35 watts. I could crank it up higher but I chain vape when not at work. I found 40 watts or higher would get to hot. The coils only last a week and the burnt taste you mention is noticeable both after a week of vaping and if I vaped at 40 watts or higher. Try a new coil at 32 to 36 watts and see how that taste.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Priming a coil is important, but letting it sit just doesn't do very much, (in my opinion as always). To prime a coil you have to get some capillary action in the wick. I do "prime" my coils to start at 0 watts, without pushing the fire button at all, but the suction (I do it a few times) starts DRAWING the wick up into the coil, and as you then slowly increase the wattage, you'll have a full primed coil (thanks mostly to priming puffs, starting with no power).

If you run into issues, you could look into a thinner juice mix, and some coils do best (so I have heard) with a judicious poke or two with a needle to loosen up the cotton. But, I would try priming correctly without doing that first, and only try that if you run into continued problems.

I can let a new coil and juice sit overnight, I'm still gonna take some non fire button primer puffs, and that is what "starts" priming IMO.

Good luck,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread