Terminator Vs Genesis performance questions question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
hi i'm contemplating adding a Terminator-C to me collection, but at $65 for something I do not know I'll like I think I'll ask people here for some feedback

I have an RSST, Couple AGAs, Vulcan, Phoenix, IGO-L & EVODs

ALL of them I have them running on SS Mesh, i think it gives me a much cleaner taste than silica

Also, I think than silica gulps up faster and I can started its burnt flavor much sooner than on a SS Wick

BUT, bringing my Genesis out or to bed is too much hurdle, now and then the leaking is too much (depending on how thick my wick was, etc). This is the reason why I'm contemplating a Term-C

I'd like to ask to you guys WHO OWN BOTH types of devices, is the flavor up to match or better on a Term-C than on a Genesis?

any info is appreciated

regards
~ d

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Its hard to answer your question, since I think silica or nextel vapes way better than ss mesh. If you look at the most fanatic vapors (i.e. the Filipnos, Greeks, Germans etc.) they almost exclusively use silica. Silica will have an initial off taste but once the coil is broken in....there is no comparison IMHO. To minimize the initial off taste you have to torch the silica and also flame the wire before wrapping. The tricky part for me in figuring out how to wrap silica was....if the coil is wrapped loosely around the silica you get harsh hits and if you wrap it too tightly you get harsh hits because the wick is being choked. Once you find the sweet spot, silica for me wicks way better than ss mesh. To get back to your initial question... atomizers like the Oddy/terminator, if set up correctly, will out perform a genesis with ss mesh....but I prefer silica to ss mesh. I now set up my gennies with silica as well.

Now if you want to go out and about with your gennies you can....as a matter of fact they are least leaking devices I own....they are my out and about devices. All you have to do is plug the fill hole. But when you do that you have to make your ss mesh wick thinner than the wick hole so air can get into the tank from the wick hole....so you don't get vapor locked. If you get into the habit of tilting a little more than 45 degrees you will never get dry hits. Its worth for you to try this out before getting the Terminator.

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
While I have truly enjoyed using my Genny styled RBAs, I have made a slow turn and am appreciating silica based RBAs much more.

Using the small RDAs started the whole process, for me. Dripping tasted much better to me. As such, I sought out larger capacity platforms utilizing silica.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread