Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
This ^^^.
But also, sometimes it's just the device measuring, via a pulse, the ohms of the coil. If it "shuts off" after about 4 or 5 minutes, and it's just a tick, ignore it or try another mode. Maybe even a different coil.

Very light "ticking" is fairly common these days.

:2c: and typing in the blind, since I don't own that device.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Sounds like it's autofiring. Never a good thing. Assuming the coil and wick are wet (I hope) are you seeing any vapor production when it does that? You would if it were autofiring.
Yeah, it's definitely not an auto fire. It starts ticking with only one battery in and it's a dual mod, also the coils aren't heating up.
Definitely no vapor production.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
This ^^^.
But also, sometimes it's just the device measuring, via a pulse, the ohms of the coil. If it "shuts off" after about 4 or 5 minutes, and it's just a tick, ignore it or try another mode. Maybe even a different coil.

Very light "ticking" is fairly common these days.

:2c: and typing in the blind, since I don't own that device.
Perhaps, I don't know. The thing is that this is new behavior for this mod, and that's why it concerns me. It's a potentiometer mod so I'm not sure what kind of safety it has built into it. If I get an RDA short on the tac 21, it lets me know. This thing is a bit closer to a mech.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Ticking with only one battery in place, before you insert the second one? That's weird. So it's definitely not an auto fire, but it shouldn't do anything until the second battery is loaded, unless it's a parallel mod. Then it could operate with only one battery but wouldn't explain the ticking.
It's very weird, indeed.
I've never come across anything like this.
It's a series potentiometer mod. I was also surprised that anything happened with only one battery in.

Reactions: Eskie

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Sounds like a bad pot. I guess you can try cleaning that out as best you can if any dirt or juice got into it. I would focus there for troubleshooting. Not much else in there to explain it.
I am going to pull it apart today and see what I see.
Really bad timing, though. My tac21 went down in a kayak capsize last weekend and now this. For the time being I'm back to 18650s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread