Tesla WYE 85W Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina Wilk

May 17, 2018
Hi! I have a Tesla WYE 85W (single battery mod), paired with a Uwell Nunchaku. It has been spitting since I was using another tank on it before the Aspire Cleito, that's why I invested in the new Uwell to see if it solved the problem. Both tanks on my other Asmodus Colossal do not spit. Both tanks only spit on the Tesla, usually I can fix this issue myself with a new coil, blowing back into the tank, or other remedies. It does not work. I have recently started to believe its the Tesla itself, I have no knowledge on why or how it could even be the mod causing the tanks to spit back. Its a very irritating vape as I constantly have a mouthful of juice lol. I am going to purchase a new mod because alas I am out of ideas. If anyone has ever had this same issue with the Tesla or a similar mod feedback is most welcome! Just trying to see some thoughts on how/why a mod (running at 45W) could cause different tanks to constantly spit.

Reactions: stols001

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Youre the second person in the space of a day to raise an issue with a Tesla (the other was a wye 200) - he had prematurely dying coils

As with him my only suggestion is, because the modes can be confusing on those things, is to check the mode youre using and whether you have preheat on

What wire is the coil youre using made from?
Are you using the matching mode for that wire?

More info on modes in the user manual or online

But generally....

Wattage/Power Mode (Non-temp controlled vaping)

coil wire = kanthal
mode = kanthal

coil wire - SS316L (stainless steel 316L)
mode - kanthal (i know it looks crazy, but..)

If youre stuck with SS316 based coils and kanthal mode for it doesnt work....

Temp Controlled vaping

mode - TCR (manual setting for 316L - normally around 0.00092, but on the Tesla i read that 0.00102 works better)

Last edited:

Kristina Wilk

May 17, 2018
Ev
Youre the second person in the space of a day to raise an issue with a Tesla (the other was a wye 200) - he had prematurely dying coils

As with him my only suggestion is, because the modes can be confusing on those things, is to check the mode youre using and whether you have preheat on

What wire is the coil youre using made from?
Are you using the matching mode for that wire?

More info on modes in the user manual or online

But generally....

Wattage/Power Mode (Non-temp controlled vaping)

coil wire = kanthal
mode = kanthal

mode - kanthal (i know it looks crazy, but..)

If youre stuck with SS316 based coils and kanthal mode for it doesnt work....

Temp Controlled vaping

mode - TCR (manual setting for 316L - normally around 0.00092, but on the Tesla i read that 0.00102 works better)

Everything on the Tesla is set up correctly. KA for the kanthal coils, ohms is correct, wattage is currently 47. Mode is set to normal. It could be an issue with playing with wattage to find optimum vape. But with the Uwell Nunchaku 0.4 ohm coils it should be close to its sweet spot at the wattage it’s at.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Ev

Everything on the Tesla is set up correctly. KA for the kanthal coils, ohms is correct, wattage is currently 47. Mode is set to normal. It could be an issue with playing with wattage to find optimum vape. But with the Uwell Nunchaku 0.4 ohm coils it should be close to its sweet spot at the wattage it’s at.

Good to know that its set up properly, and yes, in general UWell tanks dont work until you get past 45 watts...and since you say both tanks only spit on it then its mod related the only thing i have left is that despite all the settings being correct, the mod just not be applying the wattage/power in a useful way that doesnt cause spitting. You can check the preheat setting (Norm?) or look further into the manual to see if you can set a power curve or something similar. I tried to get the manual but they dont seem to list the manual for that mod to download, as far as i can see, Usually one doesnt have that much work to get a wattage mode vape to work....

Last edited:

Kristina Wilk

May 17, 2018
Good to know that its set up properly, and yes, in general UWell tanks dont work until you get past 45 watts...and since you say both tanks only spit on it then its mode related the only thing i have left is that despite all the settings being correct, the mod just not be applying the wattage/power in a useful way that doesnt cause spitting. You can check the preheat setting (Norm?) or look further into the manual to see if you can set a power curve or something similar. I tried to get the manual but they dont seem to list the manual for that mod to download, as far as i can see, Usually one doesnt have that much work to get a wattage mode vape to work....
Exactly! I love the mod itself until recently with these spitting issues. I think I will just replace it tbh... vaping is supposed to be enjoyable imo. Spitting stinks!! Lol

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Spitting and popping usually means not enough power. Your coil wicking is moving juice faster than it can be vaporized. You may also have a leaking or weeping issue.

If this is the problem, you can try increasing power. Reducing airflow a bit can help, too. Ignore the recommended power range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread