Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJohn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
California
www.tetra-vape.com
What you think of the first one posted??? I really haven't a clue as to how to do flavor percentages since I don't know intensity...

There is one good tea out there somewhere... that vendor just dropped the ball on the rest of it

The first one is very good. If it is chosen, all of those will be combined and then that combination will start being tested at 20% mix rate.

This is a pretty good generic tea: Organic Tea Flavor Extract There is also this green tea that I have never tried: Organic Green Tea Flavor Extract

Last edited:

BobbyJohn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
California
www.tetra-vape.com
Your suppliers probably don't have the flavors but,
Strawberry Dango Unchained
40% strawberry
20% sweet rice
20% red bean
10% Bavarian cream
10% marshmallow

Probably need to tweak those percentages. Going for a Strawberry Dango/Mochi.
Edit: The red bean and sweet rice flavorings do exist...but probably only through asian suppliers.

You are right, I checked our flavor distributors and they both don't carry red bean or sweet rice flavorings. I generally don't trust any flavors, nicotine or eliquids that come from China. Unbeknownst to us, our first nicotine distributor (before we started selling online) was getting theirs from China and testing showed a lot of impurities; that's one of the main reason we use NicSelect's nicotine now.

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
The first one is very good. If it is chosen, all of those will be combined and then that combination will start being tested at 20% mix rate.

This tea is a pretty good generic tea: Organic Tea Flavor Extract There is also this green tea that I have never tried: Organic Green Tea Flavor Extract

Ok and thanks. I know a lot of people do a black tea and honey... it always seems to have a strong almost earl grey bergamot smell or something... that is not the tea to use. Does that make sense to you?

Last edited:

BobbyJohn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
California
www.tetra-vape.com
Ok and thanks. I know a lot of people do a black tea and honey... it always seems to have a strong almost earl grey bergamot smell or something... that is not the tea to use. Does that make sense to you?

Yes, earl grey has citrus added, you're talking about just a plain black tea.

rkitek

Mar 20, 2014
KCMO
Kir Royale

65% Champagne
25% Black Currant
5% Pomegranate
5% Lemon

and a variation...
Cranberry Kir Royale

60% Champagne
25% Cranberry
10% Blackberry
5% Orange

yet another variation...
Kir Royale à la Pêche

65% Champagne
25% Peach
5% Cherry
5% Mint

and one last try for good measure...
Salted Kir Royale

60% Champagne
25% Raspberry
10% Caramel
5% Maraschino Cherry

OK, I'm done for a while...maybe just for today. Sorry for flooding this thread with my spitballs! :)

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
Yes, earl grey has citrus added, you're talking about just a plain black tea.
Dunno but it was supposed to be Black Tea and Honey no mention of Earl Grey. Then got another and same scent but not as strong and both said Black Tea and honey. Unless it is the Honey that has the nasty smell that I can't handle.

BobbyJohn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
California
www.tetra-vape.com
Dunno but it was supposed to be Black Tea and Honey no mention of Earl Grey. Then got another and same scent but not as strong and both said Black Tea and honey. Unless it is the Honey that has the nasty smell that I can't handle.

There are a select amount of flavor manufacturers out there and if one were to look hard enough, they could find the flavors that every eliquid manufacturer uses. A lot of people use Wizard Labs flavors, we use Natures flavors (all organic eliquid manufacturers use NF; Virgin Vapors, Velvet Cloud Vapors, EC Blend, Bare Naked, High Desert, Vape Rite, ect ect ect), then with some googling you can find other distributors and figure out what the tea flavoring you like is.

Be warned though, 60% of flavors tested have diacetyl and/or alpha-diketones in eliquid and a lot of flavor distributors don't offer a guarantee.

rkitek

Mar 20, 2014
KCMO
I've got a couple more concepts for today...

Tea Quiero

50% Green Tea
20% Apricot
15% Lemongrass
10% Green Apple
5% Almond

Tarty Kattan

40% Mango
20% Walnut
15% Coconut Cream
10% Fig
5% Vanilla
5% Ginger
5% Cinnamon

you know, without having any idea of the concentration of NF's flavors, it's really hard to guess percentages...I may have to actually buy some of these to experiment with if you all plan on running this contest again! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread