TFV8 Cloud Beast Leaks When Filling

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunky

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2016
ive had the cloud beast for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. A few times though Ives has leaks.

I went through all the YouTube videos to fix and that all mostly worked for gross leaks. Now I only get a small amount of leaking when I refill the tank.

I think I figured out my problem. When I fill I kind of have to push/force the bottle tip into the rubber fill port. I think forcing it into and then pulling it out of the rubber is causing the rubber to distort and let liquid pass some how.

I just ordered a long thin filling needle and syringe to try as it will fit into the fill gasket without touching the sides. I'm really hoping this solves my issues.

Has anyone tried this already???

My new routine will be:
Close air flow
Remove vape ring thing
Open top
Fill with thin syringe gently
Close top
Replace vape ring thing
turn upside down
Turn right side up
Take pulls on it with air flow shut off
Let it sit for 15mins
Open air flow and see if it leaks.

I'm hoping the syringe fixes the issues and I have no more leaks.

Any advice???

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I have a Vaporesso Gemini Tank that I use, actually three of them since I do like them. I had a bad time when trying to refill them as you mentioned. A friend posted a video which explained my problem. When I normally tighten up the cap it compresses the air inside the tank, the tank has adjustable openings for liquid flow and even with these closed the cap forces liquid in and it comes out the bottom air flow. Now I close the liquid flow, open the top cap, fill, place the cap on turning only enough to start the thread, tilt the tank so I have air at the liquid flow inlet and fairly quickly tighten the top. Next I don't bring the liquid to the top of the tank, I leave some air in there.
Check the bottom airflow b putting some tissue in them and check for wet spots.

Teletha

Dec 22, 2016
this worked for me it was posted under a youtube video where they guy thought the coil was the issue:

PLEASE READ IF YOUR TANK IS LEAKING...

This is not the solution(the youtube video)... this rubber seal doesn't even touch juice. It hangs in the lower part of the base. Mine was leaking too... Heat inside the tank causes a vacuum seal and pressurizes the juice. If you want to fix it, screw the coil onto the TOP PART OF THE TANK FIRST... Then insert the top with the coil screwed ALL THE WAY ON into the base with the glass on it. Having the top screwed in all the way seals the inside of the tank and the air inside the coils getting pushed out doesn't have a lot of room to go. So once the cotton soaks up the liquid, there is no more drip because of the vacuum. This worked for me like night and day. If you try this and it fixes your leaking problem, message me on here to let me know... a lot of people are having this leaking problem and we as a community need to find the solution and spread the word. Because the manufacturer clearly isn't addressing the problem.?

Don't forget to keep all seals bone dry! especially the top gasket where u fill the e-liq

Reactions: nebulaskin

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
I was getting leaks on the T6 and Q4/X4 coils. Simple fix. I spend a good 5-8 mins pushing the base into head itself. I just use a pair of pliers to push and hold it in place. Screw into base. I use a gripper to hold the base. When I screw in the top. Absolutely no anti-clockwise turning. Screw the top in while using gripper to hold the base. For months I was getting leaks. Tried clipping coil legs, etc. Still had same issue. Now the strange thing. I am not getting much condensation either. Like really little compared to before. Also I fill up the tank efficiently. No messing about. Done in a few seconds. Left the top open for 5 mins and coil leaked. Don't know about other methods but this simple method does not make sense but works very well. 6 coils. Only 1 leak as mentioned. Not tried it on the T8 coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread