The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Thanks Svoemesto!

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by brickfollett, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. brickfollett

brickfollett Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington
    Ordered a beauty ring to make my baby even more beautiful. Wasn't too bad before but dang! its so nice now!

Here's the before with my current setup (Pyrex RSST)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the after:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't hate on the PJ's, they're comfy haha.

My gosh that thing was expensive. Svoemesto is in Greece to those who aren't aware, and the ring itself plus shipping set me back 37 bones. Shipping was about as expensive as the piece itself, but I ordered it on 2/23 and it showed up today, 2/27. Four days from Greece?! Totally made the cost worth it. I've ordered stuff on eBay from California that took twice that long.

Anyway, its the polished stainless design. They were out of the brushed or matte stainless design, can't recall what they labeled it as but that's not the point. It looks fantastic, but doesn't quite match the bottom cap. It looks close, but not a complete match. From a distance or at a glance, nobody would know the difference, but if you look at it a little closer, you can tell.

It elevated the deck of the provari, increasing the contact point distance to the positive connection. Not too big of an issue on the RSST, I just adjusted the positive pin down. The issue I had is that when my RSST was screwed tight onto it, so that it wouldn't rattle, the intake hole wasn't facing the direction I prefer it to (exactly opposite the fire button). So I adjusted it a little and got the hole where I needed it to be, but that caused the beauty ring to be a little loose to the point where it would spin and rattle slightly.

My solution was to take some cotton and lay it in the ring so that it was between the ring and the beveled top cap of the provari, increasing the height of the beauty ring and presto! Tight against the RSST and the RSST is adjusted how I need it to be.

Sure there's other, significantly cheaper options out there, but I wanted it to have the stock provari look, and given how much I spent on the device itself, 37 bucks didn't seem too bad.

Loveitloveitloveit

2. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It looks great! Don'tcha love it when a plan comes together?

Nice life hack with the cotton, too.

3. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    (Psst... psst... Svoemesto is in Germany, Kir Fanis is in Greece)

;)

4. brickfollett

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington
    OH NO! I've made a terrible mistake!!!

I ordered this from Grmodders, not svoemesto. And I can't change the title of the thread dangit. Unless anyone knows how to change the title?

I even dove into the trash can to grab the packaging to prove you wrong and then I saw the Grmodders company name on there. I feel like an idiot haha

5. rastapete69

rastapete69 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2013
    Orlando
    Looks nicer than my tatroe cone for sure

6. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    No worries. The Provarinati know what you meant... just from one glance at the ring, actually. ;)

Svoemesto are the guys who make the Kayfun series of rebuildables - I order from Germany on a semi frequent basis. Great stuff, just like the Kir Fanis line.

7. brickfollett

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington
    Yeah I have a Russian 91%. Never been able to get a fantastic build on it that I didn't worry about. Flooding, therefore leaking and dry hits have plagued me with that thing. I did a double barrel build (dual coil with 32ga) and it was pretty good, but it started irritating my throat. It was probably just the juice I was using, but I still enjoy my RSST for the simplicity and the fact that if something isn't working right, I can figure it out and usually fix it while on the go. I have been using it almost exclusively for a month. I admire the kayfun series for its design, can't imagine the crazy guy who thought it up, but they did a great job. It's just not for me though

8. Glenn_K

Glenn_K Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2013
    Toronto
    Is that a glass tank on your RSST?

The ring looks good btw.

-- Glenn

9. brickfollett

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington
    No, they came out with a completely new RSST. From what I gather, its either impossible or extremely difficult to install a glass tank on the standard RSST. I have both. They aren't easy to come by at the moment, I scored mine on ebay for 35 bucks or so, I've seen a couple other websites that have them. They're labeled RSST V2 or Pyrex RSST. It says the latter on the box that it comes with, which is a super nice wood grain look box. classy stuff

10. Glenn_K

Glenn_K Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2013
    Toronto
    Darn! I just bought an RSST last week (a plastic tank one).

I've got a better genny (a Cobra), and am planning on getting another high end one, but the RSST is great for learning how to do mesh wick builds.

Is it the same sized air hole on the new RSST? The original is too tight to my taste, i'll probably try drilling.

-- glenn

11. brickfollett

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington
    Its the same size air hole. I think everyone who gets an RSST drills the hole. I have two top caps because I had the original RSST, and the caps are identical. One is 1/16th, which it seems like is the most popular size. Better flow, better flavor. My second one is 5/64 and dang that thing rips! I really like the 5/64 draw. Definitely drill it to 1/16th though. And in my opinion, it is worth it to get the new Pyrex RSST if you already have the standard one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.