~The Billet BoX~

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraghole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Tennessee
i brought mine to work today, where i am allowed to vape, and they thought i was swigging booze from a flask until i blew some vape clouds lol

Ha, now that I think about it, I bet thats what it really looks like, especially if you got a habbit of tilting. Thats 2 funny.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
Well, cut a raven down to size.

Dry hits happen, but the flavor and throat hit is great. Vapor is great too.

The thing is, the feed holes are a bit high. They don't really grab juice from the bottom of the tank like a carto punched low would.

Also, the flange makes for a really close cut. The thing doesn't really slide in and out of the BB very much without effort. My cut was kinda sloppy too, so I'm concerned about my seals now. I'll give it til tomorrow.

Hey, atleast now you can drip and tank feed (kinda) on the same device.

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
Hey Doug, if my nitrile ball is giving me some air bubbles but isn't leaking, is it fine to use? I've tried reseating it and that worked temporarily, but I'm gettin some bubbles again. It vapes fine though, no issues.

Yup, your fine... they really an't all that touchy, the only no-no is fillin' it with a metal tip. Just push on that face to create a little pressure after ya fill and that ball will be happy.

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
Got through half a tank with the Raven, and then it started leaking like a sieve. Have no idea why.....but the juice runneth out the 510 connection like a big dog. Would be Royal Pi$$ed if that happened in my BB! So the jury is still wayyyyyyyy out for me. :-(

yah, that happened. No trouble for the first few hours (as far as leaks), then took the tank out again about 4 hours later and wow, mega lots O juice... the thing about leaks in the BB though, they are kinda kept in check before they are a problem or even noticed... i noticed some gurgling long before i checked it, the capillary action holds the juice in place behind the tank if there is a leak. So i wiped it out and now two hours later, nothin' dry as a bone.... i have no clue... could have been me pushing on the face and feeding to much fluid inda' the cup. ... yah, that sounds bout' right... poo... ehh, not giving up on it yet... but still, i'v spent a lot of time today fiddling with it, and that kinda goes against the grain of why i built the thing... It is really good when it's working right though, i'll give it that.

QueenofHearts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
United States, Scotland...
I agree with it getting us through WWZ! :thumbs:
The Billet Box Is Officially Approved For Use Through World War Z!!!
kezr6o.jpg

By The Queen & Norman aka Daryl Dixon...

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
I set up a DCT with a Raven last night, added a sort of light flavored strawberry/menthol juice (50/50), and the flavor is awesome! I do have to be careful about chain vaping, letting it rest every couple of puffs, or it gets a funky taste. I'll dig out my Dremel tomorrow and cut one down for my BB if my boys don't bug me with other stuff. :)

IMHO, the Ravens have definite possibilities! Can't wait for the unflanged regular ones to become available!
That's part of my problem, i'm chaining it due to curiosity and such... potential for sure, but like anything else, gettin' over the learning curve.. finding whats par for um' and what's not..

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
Ha, very funny Doug! The man makes precision machined parts to mil spec tolerance and then expects us to believe he's a some kind of gorilla using rocks! Porta-band and a belt sander <sheesh> It was that little 26tpi slip that gave it away. We know you wouldn't have used less than 36tpi on stainless! Gottch ya! We know what the HASS was doing today....
i even used my "little" portaband, for like the third time ever... why the heck do i even have that.... oh, i remember, i thought i was cute! It's like a real porta-band had a baby.

Hokus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Woodstock, GA
Filled a fresh tank, vaped fine for a bit, then leaked all into the bb. Dried it off before any damage could be done though.

Ravens are a no-go for me, just gonna wait until Doug puts out the rebuildable. Cartos until then I guess.

Awe lame! That's a bummer man

I'm going to try to tinker with one of my ravens this weekend, hopefully it goes well

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
Filled a fresh tank, vaped fine for a bit, then leaked all into the bb. Dried it off before any damage could be done though.

Ravens are a no-go for me, just gonna wait until Doug puts out the rebuildable. Cartos until then I guess.

i JUST checked mine again, yah, it pee'd a little.... ehhh, little juice in ur box an't gonna hurt its feelings none, but yah, not what we want.

Your still doing fine with yours Absinthsaurus ?

Datalux

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Sweden

Sorry to hear man, I was really hoping others would have better luck. I still have one on a tank and its OK as long as I don't chain vape it and remember to take primer puffs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
I really need to get my hands on a tank. Or at least, what is the thickness of the tank wall where the bottom of the carto sits?

Have a plan in mind how to make a EVOD heads work with no modifications to the BB. Hope to have time to put one together this weekend.

Rough description is to use a drilled and cut down 510 adapter for the base and bottom seal. For the top, going to use a carto flange ground even to the carto tube diameter, solder the EVOD stem in it, and cut to length. Everything will be re-usable with the exception of the head which itself can be rebuilt.

Will take copious pics and a how to assuming I get it together this weekend.

QueenofHearts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
United States, Scotland...
I really need to get my hands on a tank. Or at least, what is the thickness of the tank wall where the bottom of the carto sits?

Have a plan in mind how to make a EVOD heads work with no modifications to the BB. Hope to have time to put one together this weekend.

Rough description is to use a drilled and cut down 510 adapter for the base and bottom seal. For the top, going to use a carto flange ground even to the carto tube diameter, solder the EVOD stem in it, and cut to length. Everything will be re-usable with the exception of the head which itself can be rebuilt.

Will take copious pics and a how to assuming I get it together this weekend.
Could the head possibly be rebuilt with what I think it might be? :smokie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread