Status
Not open for further replies.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I placed an order with RTD this weekend and yep, the batteries are OOS. Got the other stuff I needed but, will hold off on batteries, both big and small, til next time..they will have empty cases waiting for them.

I know~! Right? That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Wow - you're thinking what I'm thinking AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
question on batteries... is anyone using rcr123's here? same size as 16340 but ~.5v less. will it work but just be less power output, or ? wish I could find some technical info on the chip used in this mod.

last dumb question, has anyone ever installed a dna20 chip or any other chip into one of these? :)

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
question on batteries... is anyone using rcr123's here? same size as 16340 but ~.5v less. will it work but just be less power output, or ? wish I could find some technical info on the chip used in this mod.

last dumb question, has anyone ever installed a dna20 chip or any other chip into one of these? :)

A quote from the BB website about batteries:

Billet Box Requires two 3.7 Volt 16340 batteries. If Li-Ion based batteries are used they must be protected with over discharge circuitry. We recommend AW ICR123 3.7v 750mAh Protected Li-Ion cells. These batteries are readily available
from many E-Cig suppliers.
Most RCR123A batteries may also be used with the Billet Box. RCR123A cells are the same size as a 16340 cell, but with a lower voltage of only 3 volts instead of 3.7 volts. If using RCR123A batteries in the Billet Box the max voltage will be limited by the discharge rate of the specific battery. However, most RCR123A cells will top out at a stable delivered
voltage of 4.8 volts to a cartomizer when used in the Billet Box, which is just fine for the majority of vaporers. Moving the Billet Boxes dial past the batteries max output will simply keep the output at the highest available. Every voltage level under this point will still be available as displayed on the dial.

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Call him. I screwed up before on another battery but didn't realize until after I got them. Sent them back with no problem.
Ordered from lighthound.com IIRC.
Though I'm curious why protected ICR instead of IMR?

Is there low voltage cut off included in the circuitry or something? Do the IMR not reach the contacts to complete the circuit?

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York
awesome, thanks I must be blind but I see it now :)

I should get it tomorrow, now my only dilemma is do I vape it first or take it all apart first :p

xtreme, not sure what you linked there, both links take me to the last page of this thread right here
Links are working for me.

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
I would love to have a DNA in my BB...might get a strong enough vape that way...

I have tried the Diver (V1 and V2), Sabot, and the B-Bridge...none are making the cut so far for me sadly...

Apparently the most excellent Aspire BVC heads that just came out for the Aspire CE line thread right in and will work with the Billet Bridge...and I really, really like those a great deal. Only place so far I know of seeing them is worldofvape. These are specifically NOT the nautilus BVC heads, which are much bigger.

Aspire BVC Coils (Pack of 5) - $8.45 - WORLDofVAPE

May be a game changer for the BB!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Apparently the most excellent Aspire BVC heads that just came out for the Aspire CE line thread right in and will work with the Billet Bridge...and I really, really like those a great deal. Only place so far I know of seeing them is worldofvape. These are specifically NOT the nautilus BVC heads, which are much bigger.

Aspire BVC Coils (Pack of 5) - $8.45 - WORLDofVAPE

May be a game changer for the BB!

HAS been a game changer, at least for me. :shock:

I've been using nothing but the Aspire BVC in Scarlet for the last month, and the original coil is still going strong! (8 fills)

I love it. It's a sweet, warm vape (not too warm), and flavorful. Not a dribble of a leak, and just plain flat out consistent.

Plug 'n Play KD is a happy B Box-ette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread