Status
Not open for further replies.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Me likes.Soo will we be able when things die down be able to send ours in to have them sanded?And how much.:lol::lol:

short boring update!!!

First off, said i would try a few matte finishes on some spare boxes for Brutus to think about doin' to his to hide fingerprints.
only two things seemed likely to be successful to try and that was scotchbrite or sandpaper (steel wool would work too, but its would be no better than scotchbrite and would be much messier)

first off the scotchbrite

DSC00147_zps4f84836a.jpg

now some 320 aluminum oxide sandpaper

DSC00146_zpsbcf14eda.jpg

k, well both don't look too bad imho,,, they were both sanded in straight lines to kinda emulate a brushed finish instead of swirly and erratic. The scratche pattern in the sandpapered one are much much deeper, and would be harder to get back to a mirror finish if desired, but the real test here is fingerprint resistance, so lets try that.....

k, no fingerprints, sandpaper on the left, scotchbrite on the right.
DSC00150_zpsedc1a52b.jpg

cue fingerprint
DSC00151_zps5afab762.jpg

DSC00152_zpsa2c2558a.jpg

DSC00153_zps3acfa566.jpg

anyway you look at it, sandpaper wins...... by alot..

ok, on to shop updates, hired two shiny new worker monsters, one I call "night shift" and the other i haven't got a good name for yet.... (because "day shift" just doesn't sound that cool)... bout 4 weeks left till the new cnc machine shows up, that's going to be a huge help. The new machine will move around 12.5 times faster than Dev and spin bits about 4,000 rpms faster, uhh i feel bad stating how much better she will be than Dev (really, i just turned my laptop screen away from her in case shes looking and decides to break just to teach me a lesson) Sanding and polishing monkey found his BB this week too, turns out he dropped it in the car of some guy who gave him a ride home, then they happened to meet again in the bar over a week (or 2) later and the guy gave it back... (and was bought many drinks in gratitude) so that was kinda magic...

k, i'm back at it. sorry so short.. will spend much more time in here when these are all shipped.
~DD

macdo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Ottawa(near)
I just wanted to say thanks to Mr Doug. I recieved mine today and it's absolutely stunning. I can't believe how well made it is. I could go on and on about this thing. Its perfect! I even got a nice little thank you card.

I love the cartos that were sent with it. How did you make those perfect holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread