dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
blade.png

The BLADE Sliding Mechanical mod - Chrome
$49.95

The Blade takes a unique approach in that it does not use a fire button to activate the atomizer. Instead it uses an inner battery tube into which you insert your 18650 battery. Then you screw the 510 connection top back over the mod and after attaching your carto you slide the inner tube up with your thumb and it fires your atomizer. It utilizes a brass firing pin and spring that should provide long life.

The Blade can accommodate 18650 natively. But you can use your 18500 and 18350 batteries with use of tube adapters (available for purchase separately). Insert one adapter and you can use your 18500 batteries. Insert two adapters and you can use your 18350 batteries. Use of larger or smaller batteries does not affect the length of this mod. Use of smaller batteries is strictly for convenience.

What you get:
  • 3 Piece chrome plated copper construction Blade Mod: outer tube, inner battery tube and top 510 connection and firing head.
  • Dimensions: 102mm, 4.0 inches high; 24mm, 1.0 inches wide
  • Adapters available below.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
What is attached to the blade in the last pic? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If you look closely at the pic....it was submitted by a customer....GV may not have what you see attached to the top of the mod. It looks like a ss Kasbah drip tip...but I can't identify what looks to be an RBA...it's not in GV inventory.

Viral

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
Canby, OR
I Just got my Blade in a couple days ago, Just tried it with my Kick and AW 18490, no go for me. It kicks pretty good as a mechanical with my AGA-T2 but the evolve kick wouldnt fire... I think its because the connection isnt putting out a stable voltage, it does fire stronger or weaker depending on how well you make contact to the switch in this one. So the Kick must be seeing the fluctuating voltage and cant get a good read on the atty resistance.

Viral

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
Canby, OR
Well I got the kick to work with an Igo-L. But watching an inline meter, I get strange outputs when using just an 18650. Voltage drop upto 1 volt at times. Iv cleaned the contacts and pulled the post a bit and get better results for a couple vapes, then it gets wonky again. I think part of it is the chrome plating on the slide portion, causing inconsistent connections, as well as the head itself, Sometimes I don't get fire at all. The Silicon looking gasket around the positive post also popped out easily and caused a dead short, took me a few minutes of scratching my head to figure that one out. All in all, it is a sweet looking mod with potential, but poor performance due to the plating, and poor contacts in the head.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Well I got the kick to work with an Igo-L. But watching an inline meter, I get strange outputs when using just an 18650. Voltage drop upto 1 volt at times. Iv cleaned the contacts and pulled the post a bit and get better results for a couple vapes, then it gets wonky again. I think part of it is the chrome plating on the slide portion, causing inconsistent connections, as well as the head itself, Sometimes I don't get fire at all. The Silicon looking gasket around the positive post also popped out easily and caused a dead short, took me a few minutes of scratching my head to figure that one out. All in all, it is a sweet looking mod with potential, but poor performance due to the plating, and poor contacts in the head.

The Kick has some issues if you use a nipple top battery. If you just spin the inner battery slide a bit it usually fixes the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread