The " BUZZ " VariVolt PV Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I received the Buzz about few hours ago and so far I'm lovin it. It's replacing my broken VP2. It's the second time it broke on me and I can no longer recommend Vaprilife mods. When they work they work great but it seems a lot of them have problems. I had it repaired last month and it came back to me with dents in it. It looks like vise dents. It worked great for a month and then quit again. I'm not going to get a repaired anymore. It's out of warranty and I would have to pay $28 plus $6.95 shipping. I can't see doing that every month to keep it going.

Anyway onto the Buzz. I bought the Buzz because of the variable voltage. I wanted a mod that could do 4.5 volts because I read a lot of people lose a lot of attys at 5 and 6 volts. Right now I'm using AW RCR123a batteries and a Mega 510 atty and cart. The Buzz comes preset at 4.5 volts and so far that is perfect for me. I can't imagine needing more volts than that. Maybe with a 801 I would. I'll have to try it later.

Well this is my first review and I'm not sure what more to say. I'll update this thread as time goes on. You can find out more about the Buzz in this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...orum/88038-buzz-varivolt-pvs-coming-soon.html

I highly recommend the Buzz and if you go to order it might look like they are out of them but you have to select a color to see how many they have in stock. You can find it at this link: Buzz

Attachments

• buzz silver.jpg
    buzz silver.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 710
Last edited:

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I don't have a video camera. Now that I think about I'm surprised Buzz didn't make sure to send his beta units out to people with video cameras. Buzz has been sending out more units all week and I imagine soon one of those people will make a video.

One thing I have to say about Buzz is he's a great guy. I asked a lot of questions by email and he always responded quickly. That helped me in deciding to make a purchase from him.

boz

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
I started a review thread of the Buzz on the Vapor Talk forum and one thing that I remembered to post there but forgot to post here is that there is a coupon code for Notcigs.com.

ECF Buzzkill

7.5% off any order

There review thread can be found here:

Buzz Varivolt Review - Vapor Talk E Cig Forum
Damn, a discount coupon after I'd searched and paid full price. Ahhhhhh. :ohmy:

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I talked about it in another thread. I love the button! I have small, weak hands with sensitive fingers. The button is very comfortable to push. Stiff enough to prevent misfires, but easy enough that it isn't a strain to push at all and doesn't leave a permanent indent in your thumb. It has great action too and solid, it is not going to wear out for a long time. There is a soft click when you push in and another when you let go. Just feels nice. I've had mine for 11 days and no sticking issues at all. My Chameleon has what appears and feels to be the same button. I have had that device since Feb. and it still works like the first day I got it, has never stuck once on me and I've put that poor baby through hell. I fully expect the button on the Buzz to hold up the same way. I'm a heavy user so my button get pushed a lot and held down probably longer than average, 6-10 seconds.

I'm love my Buzz so much I'm getting ready to buy a second one for hubby for Father's day. He doesn't even like mods, but keeps trying to steal my Buzz.

Not only does it work great and the variable voltage is super cool, customer service from BuzzKill is fantastic!!

Hope this helps! Happy Vaping!

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Wouldn't the buzz kill attys faster since you have to adjust it for each atty... Or am I wrong in that its smart enough to turn off if it knows an atty is taking to much current...?

You don't need to adjust it for each atty. You could leave it at the same voltage for every atty or carto that you use. Some people prefer to run some attys like a 801 at a higher voltage than a 510. It sounds like some carto users like a higher voltage too.

Soundwave

May 17, 2010
Ventura, CA
My review wouldn't mean much since I'm still very new to vaporizing. I have only tried 3.7 and 5v with 510 dripping and with modified carts. That is about it. lol

I guess from a new vaporizer point of view does matter but I remember looking around at the high price tags thinking "Man the point is to save money you guys are nuts!" then I got use to 3.7v and now I'm at 5v having trouble finding attys that work in my 5v box mod I made. The buzz solves two things... my box mod not working randomly and also being compatible with EVERY addy I have.

:toast::vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread