Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
Damn. It even looks cheap. Comparing pictures of this K100 to an actual Empire mod in my hand, the ridges are symmetrical on the K100, whereas the ridges are gradually more broad toward the bottom of the sleeve on the Empire. The valleys also become more shallow from top to bottom on the Empire.

The button looks bigger and not made of brass like on the Empire, and the vent holes are different as well. The grommet in the button housing looks like a white nylon, and the K100 is 510 threaded.

All in all I say they did a piss poor job of replicating the Empire, although I'm sure the guy who created the Empire is not too happy about this.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Trust me i was/am not advertising for that cheap immitation.I just wanted to know if anyone else had seen these pics,and if it is a real empire knock off.I can't believe they attempted knocking off the most popular mech. MOD.You can kick all the Empire MOD's.You just have to go to the smaller 18490/18500 batt instead of the 18650.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
How is a mechanical mod going to affect your throat? It's just a casing for your power source (batteries).

There is no air or vapor running through the device ... it simply supplies power to your atomizer.

The only possible differences of a clone is the quality of machining and potential differences in the metals used (which can affect resistance) ... that's it. Otherwise they're exactly the same.

Last edited:

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
The way I see it is if these mod builders would step up production so that people would be able to get what they are producing they would not be seeing all these knock offs. I think they deliberately keep the production low so as to drive a higher profit.

I gave up on Empire a long time ago. It was the first mod I had ever seen and wanted one ever since but never in stock. Disappointing.

mrfixit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Akron, Ohio
I watched an interview with the Zen creator and he gave a short reason mods are so expensive but really these over priced toys are in the end just designer battery holders. The one thing that should be paid attention to is what we vape our liquids in. It's not just the empire its all the high end mods never in stock cost a weeks or more pay if it is. I for one am grateful there are knock offs keeps the field growing. Some one will figure it out eventually how to make a decent affordable mod for the masses not made in China. A picture can't tell you if something is cheap or not they are made of the same material after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread