ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It seems that one of our genius members has found a workaround for the feedback issue. Man we have some wonderful members! Thanks nutnut!

Show him your appreciation by overloading him with likes!

First thing to mention is the tutorial - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-swaps/277613-itrader-feedback-tutorial.html

No matter whether you click on the "Rate Seller" link on the Classified Ad thread or you go through the member's profile, the same instructions apply.

I will use this thread as an example - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...threads/533441-us-fs-ibtanked-tanks-tips.html Thanks Bella Chic, even though I didn't ask :)

Code:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/closed-sold-classified-threads/[B][U]533441[/U][/B]-us-fs-ibtanked-tanks-tips.html

Take notice of the bold/underlined number above, 533441. You will need these numbers to correct the link on the feedback form. So go to the thread you wish to leave feedback for and get these numbers. ***Please don't use these numbers, 533441, unless this happen to be your thread. Your numbers will be different, I'm only using this example to show you what numbers you need to get.***

Once you have these numbers, go to the feedback submission page using either the Classified ad thread or through the member's profile. Once you are there, erase the link in the "Deal thread URL: (Required)" field.

Copy and paste (or type) the link below into the "Deal thread URL: (Required)" field and place the numbers you acquired from the Classified thread you wish to leave feedback for, like above the numbers are 533441.
Code:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=

So in the "Deal thread URL: (Required)" you would end up with the following.
Code:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533441

KEEP IN MIND YOUR NUMBERS AT THE END WILL BE DIFFERENT

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Generic shaped items

There are only so many ways to build a tube APV or a Rebuildable Atomizer.
Items that are so generic of shape that if they don't have the logos on them to make them counterfeits, they will be permitted as "Clones".

Due to the amount of a certain well known rebuildable atomizer clone appearing, if yours is a clone and not a counterfeit, you must post a clear picture of the bottom of the atomizer to prove there are no markings.

Reminder :
If your "Clone" has the markings of the maker any where on it, it is a counterfeit and not permitted.
If your "Clone" is of something that is distinctive by shape / design, it is a counterfeit and not permitted.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
For those who may not have noticed....we have a new area http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/auctions/ and can be found under Buying & Selling > CoOps > Auctions

I am aware no one can reply to the post but as soon as we have the permissions worked out, bids can begin to be posted. Once bidding is enabled, I will post a notification HERE, so subscribing to this thread will notify you when bidding is available.

UPDATE:

So it's been brought to my attention the subscription feature doesn't work just yet. Until we get all the permissions worked out just stay tuned to this thread. Once everything is worked out, I'll post the update here instead of the Auction Notification thread. Sorry for the confusion!

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
For those who may not be aware, counterfeit rules apply to all ads posted in the Classifieds and CO-OP sections. This does include want and trade ads. We've noticed a few want ads asking for counterfeit devices, these ads will be closed when found.

We must all understand, ECF does not condone theft in any shape or form and counterfeiters are theives. So please do not sell, trade, ask for, or create a discussion in CO-OPs, anything considered to be counterfeit merchandise. Repeat offenders will find themselves without access to the Classified and CO-OP section.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
When posting pictures of your item in the Classifieds, if the item has logos or unique designs, they must be included in the picture. Not pictureing the device properly can result in the member losing access to the Classifieds and CO-OPs indefinitely if the device is determined to be counterfeit. So whether the item is the original or not, make sure to include the logo and any designs in the picture.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Classifieds rule update:

Bumping rules have been updated. Members may now bump as many as 9 bumps during the life of their classified ad. There is no change to how often you may bump. Members can only bump their thread once every 12 hours. Please take some time and read over the Classified rules, especially the bumping section.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Update to profiteering rule.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-notice-new-classified-tools-please-read.html

As stated when this rule began it is a work in progress. There has been considerable confusion over this rule and we hope now it will be more reasonable and clear.

1. The 20% rule is no more. The rule now is retail+$10.
The percentage rule just didn't make sense. The more someone paid for something, the more they could mark it up. That is just not the purpose of the Classifieds.

2. Now it should be clear that marking up the price above retail is not what we are suggesting. The rule is meant to suggest that retail should be the most you ask for in your price. The $10 is meant to cover market fluctuations in the price. In other words no item should be posted for more than you paid, the Classifieds on ECF is nonprofit.

3. If you feel there will be a problem feel free to contact myself, classwife, or sonicdsl beforehand. For instance if you paid $100 and now the retail is $80. So please try to keep your receipts. This does not apply to used items, only items bought new.

I won't bore you more reiterating what is already stated in the post linked above. If there are questions please use this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../272922-classified-suggestions-questions.html and we'll try to answer as soon as possible.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
In the last couple months we have had a few occurrences where members have sent funds via gift to pay for items. It's been said "this is normal" and "this used to be acceptable", well it shouldn't be the norm and it has not been acceptable in the last 4 years (and before) I've been charged with the Classifieds.

BUYER BEWARE

1. Never UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES evade the PayPal fee by using the 'Pay as a Gift', 'Payment Owed' function or similar. This makes the transaction free for the seller but you have NO COMEBACK WHATSOEVER with PayPal. Pay the extra and get protection. If you don't do this, they can ignore you as you didn't pay them for their service. A free service has no safeguards - how can it?

Safety

1. When using PayPal, NEVER pay by using the "Send as a present or gift or payment owed" option because you have no comeback if the seller defaults. You MUST use the full payment method no matter what excuse the seller gives. No one can help you if your item does not arrive, if you ignore this advice. Be prepared to pay a little more, to cover the PayPal fee, instead of risking all your money.

We have made it abundantly clear that asking for gift payment or paying via gift IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. In the past I have tried to assist members even though they did not adhere to these warnings but I will not continue to do this. If members choose to ignore our warnings and not protect themselves, we just cannot help you. So please protect yourselves or expect to lose your money.

If you are the seller, DO NOT ASK FOR PAYMENT VIA GIFT! If someone ask for payment via gift, report the thread or PM. As the seller you risk being removed from the Classifieds or even banned for violating this rule.

Now this doesn't say that we don't want to hear from you if you paid by gift, if someone has stolen your money, please file a Classified Complaint. This will protect other members (and you if others find someone scamming) from being defrauded.

This is a zero tolerance rule regarding payments via gift or any other method that does not protect you. So protect yourself or accept the loss.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
We have had a few instance over the last few years where members aren't sure what their responsibilities are regarding a transaction. We've updated the rules with some information concerning this matter.

Seller's Responsibilities/Recommendations
  1. Must adequately describe the item(s) being sold.
  2. Is not allowed to ask for payment via gift/payment owed/or other means leaving buyer unprotected.
  3. Must properly pack item for protection.
  4. If using USPS, using Priority Flat Rate shipping is recommended. The boxes are free and if PayPal is used to receive payment, printing postage is very simple.
  5. Must obtain proof package was shipped. It is highly recommended that adequate insurance is purchased, tracking added, and the package be handed to shipper in person. A receipt for postage will not be enough. Take these suggestions into account when determining your asking price.
  6. Must handle filing claim if package is lost during shipment.
**Ultimately, it's the seller's responsibility to make sure the buyer receives the item(s) bought.**

Buyer's Responsibilities/Recommendations
  1. Never pay via gift/payment owed/or other means leaving you unprotected. If a seller request this type payment, please report the thread or PM.
  2. If tracking or insurance isn't being offered, ask for it to be added. Protect yourself.
  3. If a transaction goes bad, attempt to resolve the matter with the seller before involving staff. Do not involve other members with the matter, this can end badly for all involved. If the matter cannot be resolved, please file a complaint. Classified Complaint Form
**Accidents happen, so give the seller a chance to help resolve the matter**

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
CO-OP host and members that aren't aware of this yet should read this and keep it in mind.....

Merchants Face Delivery Delays from China Suppliers

Host, I know in some situations you can request that your shipment not be shipped through Hong Kong, so you might consider asking before all is settled. You may not have a choice but it won't hurt to ask for alternate shipping possibilities. It may cost more but it could mean the difference between receiving your product in a couple weeks, opposed to a couple months.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just wanted to post a little status for me.

My father is in serious condition in the hospital, for 2 weeks now. Things aren't going so well, so I'll pretty much be absent for an unknown length of time. Once I'm back fulltime I'll post an update here.

Please use (abuse) classwife and sonicdsl in my temporary absence......

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
CO-OP rule update:

New rule added under General Rules.
Members may NOT post comments in live CO-OP that may be considered counterproductive to completion of a CO-OP. This would be comments like negative reviews or other deals. This does not apply to CO-OP discussions, only live CO-OPs.

CO-OPs are volatile enough as it is, we will not allow comments to be posted that will increase the possibility of a CO-OP to fail. This only applies to live CO-OPs, not CO-OP discussions. The whole point of the CO-OP section is for members to get a great deal and that means posting a deal from a different source other than the CO-OP is reasonable and fits within the scope of members getting the best deals.

CO-OP and Classified rules update:
In the past few months I've had quite a few complaints concerning members being contacted off ECF, via email for example, concerning future offers. This is considered solicitation and is against forum rules. See http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html rule 10 item D, so to coincide the Forum Rules we will reiterate the rule to fit the Classifieds and CO-OP section.

Classifieds:
You may not maintain user's email or home address beyond a current transaction without permission from the member. Unsolicited contact will not be tolerated.
CO-OP: (same but with extra provisions)
You may not maintain user's email or home address beyond a current transaction without permission from the member. Unsolicited contact will not be tolerated. CO-OP host can maintain a mailing list but will be required to ask for permission when members sign up for their CO-OP (consider adding a yes/no question to your sign up form asking for permission to reuse their email for future offers), and also add a disclaimer to the bottom of your emails with provisions for members to unsubscribe to future emails. It would also be highly recommended to use a free mailing list service, most will provide a standard "opt-out" feature and the process will be automated. There are several free mailing services that are free, just use your preferred search engine to find those services. Be sure to test it out before sending out a mass email.

Suggestive disclaimer:
Thank you for receiving e-mail notices. If you do not wish to receive e-mail messages from me, please reply to this e-mail and change the subject line to “Unsubscribe.”
OR
e-mail me at "your_email@email.com"

We don't feel this is an unreasonable request and capturing emails from forum members should only be allowed if members consent. There hasn't been an abundance of complaints but it's enough that it has become necessary to require host ask for permission. Members opting out of future emails should not receive repercussions for choosing to opt out. So in your future email offers please add the disclaimer or switch to a mailing service with the opt out option.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
A couple things I want to bring up since the migration to the new forum software.

1. Members must post at least 1 time in a classifieds ad in order to be able to leave feedback for that ad. Even if you make all arrangements in private conversation, you need to post in the thread so feedback can be left.

2. I've tried to update all the instructions and links to reflect the new forum's methods. If you find something that needs updated, something I may have missed, please post it in the Comments thread.

3. Some threads are being moved to the closed ad forum before they are complete. We aren't sure but we think members may be inadvertently unchecking the "open thread' option under thread tools. If you uncheck this option, this will close your thread and when we begin pruning closed thread your thread will be moved to closed. So be careful with this option please.
We've also introduced a rule preventing CO-OPs being ran on multiple forums. This has caused some issue in the past so they are no longer allowed.
**Also keep in mind that once an ad is complete, you should be unchecking this option to close the thread. This procedure has been updated in the rules and other announcement.**

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Last but not least!

CONGRATS TO SONICDSL FOR BEING PROMOTED TO ADMIN!!!!!

2a9of3a.jpg

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
A rule update:

We decided to make the counterfeit rule a little more clear, hopefully the changes help. Since counterfeit and clone is used synonymously in the e-cig industry we decided to drop the clone definition entirely since most devices that are titled as a clone are actually counterfeit. So now either a device is legitimate or counterfeit. The description of what we consider acceptable and not acceptable really hasn't changed. If you have any questions please remember to use the Q&A thread - https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/classified-suggestions-questions.272922/

• Counterfeit products will not be allowed to be sold on ECF, no matter if the item is described as such or not (see definitions below). Items being sold should never be misrepresented, for example listing a counterfeit product as the authentic product. Members found knowingly misrepresenting a cloned device as authentic WILL lose their Verified Member status and may risk being banned from ECF. Ads found listing a counterfeit product will be closed and member advised of violation.
Unacceptable
Counterfeit
- Counterfeits will basically be an exact replica or a very similar copy of the original and not so much tied to the shape as it is more the markings. The shape would come into play if there are unique characteristics of the device shape. This can include grooves, cutouts, coloring, or trademarks in specific locations.

Acceptable
Can be similar in size, shape (unless shape is unique) and even design but will not contain the same markings or colors. As long as the device can be distinguished as different from the original entirely, it will be considered acceptable. The device should be absent of all characteristics contained in the original, to include grooves, cutouts, coloring, shape if unique, and/or trademarks.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread