The Delta-8 THC Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Even as the edifice of cannabis prohibition crumbles state by state, the federal illegality of the plant and its principal psychotropic component THC continues to drive a quest for loopholes in the relevant statutes. Hence the recent focus on Delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol — a psychoactive but less potent cannabinoid than the more common and notorious Delta-9 THC.

Is there any truth to the claim that the 2018 Farm Bill inadvertently legalized Delta-8 THC, as some entrepreneurs maintain? That certainly wasn’t the spirit or intent of the Farm Bill, which did not seek to legalize psychoactive cannabis compounds.

The Farm Bill removed hemp – defined as cannabis with less than 0.3 percent THC – from the purview of the Controlled Substances Act. But the Farm Bill never actually mentions Delta-8 THC. And there’s considerable disagreement among hemp advocates regarding the legal status of this compound and what it means for the cannabis industry as a whole.
    The Delta-8 THC Controversy | Project CBD

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2020
    AZ
    Personal opinion, Delta 8 works exactly like regular weed (D9), but without feeling spacey. Heart rate rise, body high and hunger like crazy. Pain relief is very present. CBD, I've felt next to nothing - ever. Placebo at best. That's been very consistent in my group of friends and family.

I would image that if I sold CBD, I'd be wanting D8 to be regulated. As a consumer, it would as always be an inefficient and burdensome governmental hinderance.

That said, there are already a number of states that don't allow it to be shipped in...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread