• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Ego style battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I ordered a package of 900mah Ego style batteries at a very reasonable price with high ratings from buyers.

Myself, I've never owned or used one of those. What I'm wondering is how does one make sure the battery lasts a long time (up to a year) without burning out the cells? Do they need to be fully discharged, before recharging? Does overcharging them (leaving it plugged in all night) effect the life span of such a battery?

Any tips regarding these kinds of batteries, which are charged via USB cord and adapter, much appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
What I have found is that they will still charge, but the discharge period will drop to almost nothing after a few months. In other words expect it to be on the charger more than you're vaping it. I also imagine if you are a light vaper and have many batteries in rotation this will add to the longevity. But if you are getting a year on two batteries, used daily, then that's fantastic. It's just not mine nor my friends experience. YMMV.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I've done the same thing at work. Expect to be inundated with questions everyday. It does get tiring believe me. :)

But if your smart there is an angle and it might pay for your own vaping ;)

Lol

Yeah, I've already pictured myself becoming an A/S center. Doing things from putting e-juice into their tanks, changing the coils, replacing the battery they dropped into the bathtub, etc.

I think I'm gonna need a middle-man. Waddle?

Lol

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Sorry I'll have to respectfully decline... :)

I'm so tired of complete strangers, who feel they have the right to approach me, asking what it is in my hand. Followed by the typical comment " I hear that ecigs are bad for you". :facepalm:

So now I've gone completely into steath mode when out and about. 18350 mod with a nano kayfun. And I hide around corners to vape.

At home it's the big guns...100Watt Sigelei and a Dark Horse RDA. ya! :)

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Sorry I'll have to respectfully decline... :)

I'm so tired of complete strangers, who feel they have the right to approach me, asking what it is in my hand. Followed by the typical comment " I hear that ecigs are bad for you". :facepalm:

So now I've gone completely into steath mode when out and about. 18350 mod with a nano kayfun. And I hide around corners to vape.

At home it's the big guns...100Watt Sigelei and a Dark Horse RDA. ya! :)

What makes it worse is the news media in Korea, who've been bought off by the big tobacco companies, are starting to fill the airwaves with misinformation, of which my Korean wife suddenly bought into the other night.

She comes to me and says she doesn't want vaping in the house anymore because the long - term health effects of "second hand" vapor are "unknown and likely just as dangerous as cigarette smoke."

I was flabbergasted. Lecturing her on propaganda and downloading news clips off YouTube explaining otherwise.

Not a happy house at the moment!

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Show her "peering through the mist". It's a study done by the school of public health, Drexel university. It can be found via google. You don't even have to read the whole paper, just read her the conclusion.

Thanks for that. I'm gonna Google that up and print it. Unbelievable that so many people trust the Korean "news media" as gospel around here. Especially if they interview a PROFESSOR from SNU!

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread