The Falcon coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lishamau5

Aug 31, 2018
Hello all,
So I recently was gifted a Falcon tank for my birthday. Been loving it to no point end, but the coils don't seem to last very long.
I've examined the box the coils come in countless times. Can't seem to figure out what I should set my wattage at. Been experimenting over this time, but unsure if I'm in the right direction.

Anyone else have a Falcon?? :)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Can't seem to figure out what I should set my wattage at. Been experimenting over this time, but unsure if I'm in the right direction.
Welcome and glad you joined.
The .15 & .2 coils lowest watt markings is 70 watts. Suggest you start at 50 w and work down or up to suit.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I run all coils as close to the bottom end of the recommended power range as possible.
Basically if it's a 60-80w coil I'd try to run it around 50w unless it doesn't work great. Then I'd up it to 60w.
I run 30-80w coils at 28w and turn it up to 40-50w for a few puffs if it's flooded.
Something like that. :)

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

downstat

Oct 20, 2013
Birmingham UK
Burnt through my first two falcon coils pretty quickly (less than a week if I remember). What I have found is, when switching in a new coil its best to leave it standing overnight if possible.
Almost seems that whatever wicking material they use it takes longer to fully permeate than other coils.
Had my current F2 running ok for 3 weeks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread