Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
I also stay in hotels 3/4 of the time, installing TV/Movie systems. I stay in the hotels I'm installing at 95% of the time, usually using our rooms as storage for our equipment also, so we for the most part only take maid service every third day or so. We usually become friendly with all the hotel staff as we are essentially employees ourselves. And don't require full service from the housekeeping staff, they generally avoid our equipment and personal effects like chargers, phones, laptops etc.

aqrhine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
guthrie
The connector was bent over where it broke the connection inside. Its molded plastic plug. I could cut it open and re-solder then tape it back up. But ill check prices on a new charger before i go to the trouble. First time ive actually had an issue with staff at any motel. I usually try to put stuff out of the way on cleaning day i opt for cleaning around every third day as well.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

aqrhine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
guthrie
Funny thing is i never have either not once. But my bunk mate at the motel leaves his out everyday (has for the last 2 months) amd always gives me a hard time because i lock mine in a tote. He jokingly calls me a racist for not trusting our mexican maids and blah blah blah. So finally i decided well nothing has happened to his stuff so i wont worry about it today.

Well the first day i didnt worry about it. It got broken lol. I knew better then to leave it out but i did anyway. Peer pressure i guess lol.

Really its not the laptop ive been worried about loosing or getting stolen that can be replaced. Its the 100+ gigs of information pictures and video i wpuldnt be able to get back. So back to the tote and lock it goes.

aqrhine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
guthrie
Are you sure it wasn't your "bunk mate" that may have touched things??

Yeah he was out if the room before i left and i came "home" first that day. So the entire tine we were at work together.

And i wish they owed me a new one but do to liability laws in texas theyre not responsible if sonething is broken or stolen in the room.

Luckily my charger separates into 3 parts. The transformer the power cord and a charging dongle. I was able to get just the busted cord on amazon for under 10 bucks shipped. The whole charger local was 80. So i went home and looked online. $6.77 with free shipping. So not much of a loss. Just time luckily im home now on days off so i have my desktop back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread