Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Thanks! Yea maybe if I get some magnifying goggles I could wrap wire

Welcome, Jim!

I have pretty bad eyesight and depend on my reading glasses as well as a decent, lighted magnifying glass (floor stand) to wrap some coils. Not just for building, but needed it anyway for reading all that fine print on most everything anymore. Worth a shot should you ever want to give it a go or need help with the fine print.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF, hope you enjoy your stay here, and it sounds like the DIY forum will be for you. Tons of assistive devices to help with coil building, I struggle with it but also succeed at it periodically, LOL. I have a fine motor tremor and also use very strong magnification glasses and a full-spectrum table light. Might want to check out the Rebuildable Atomizer section of the board, especially the coilbuilding forum for ideas.

Though purists say anyone can wrap a coil, if you have major issues stopping you from doing so, you can buy premade coils, though you still have installation and wicking to worry about. With enough practice (I certainly did myself) I think most people can master it to a decent degree. Some RTAs are just way harder than others so if you consider it, I'd suggest something with a 2 post deck that's easy going.... I'm rather a fan of the Siren V2 ATM.... VERY easy build deck, it traps the coils and you just snip them.

Good luck, and welcome hope you enjoy your stay here!

Anna

Reactions: capthook

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey everyone in New on here I've been vaping for about 4 years now and im very experienced in just about everything except coil building ( im really bad there) I make some awsome diy juices and love this lifestyle. If anyone ever needs help with anything I am more than willing to do all I can to help
Welcome and glad you joined.
It's smart to know what you don't know.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread