The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Next GG!!!

Discussion in 'The GG' started by MrKrinkle, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MrKrinkle

MrKrinkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Imeo you are the man a myth a legend... How bout a ssGGts for us surfers a waterproof sand resistant version would be the next level for sure... heck maybe it could even dispense sun tan lotion and carry a spare speedo when the trunks are in the wash...

maybe like an otterbox custom fit molded case cover with a flexible rubber for the button switch and and and I dont know just dreaming...

2. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Thanks Mr:)

What you asked is a litlle difficult because of the button and the venting holes buddy:).

3. Dream

Dream Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 19, 2011
    Redondo Beach
    I second this notion..
    I live practically on the beach... i carry my ggts with me when i take my sunset walk in the sand and water... and i wonder if the humidity and salty air affect my gg adversely or not. If so, is there a way to protect it?

4. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    If water comes inside GG your only concern are the batteries and the atomizer, nothing else guys. Of course same will not happen with VV module, you have to be careful with this on the future

5. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    I know its unrealistic was just pipe dreamin maybe itll stir up some other ideas from the GG family thats how these things usually get started...

6. Dream

May 19, 2011
    Redondo Beach
    so humid salty ocean air does not harm SS?

7. Dream

May 19, 2011
    Redondo Beach
    hey mrkrinkle, where do you surf?
    i used to live in san diego/la jolla/mount soledad/pacific beach/mission beach/solana beach
    studied at ucsd.. great area to live.

8. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Nice I lived in PB for a while but it got old pretty fast I dont drink or have tatts... I grew up in Laguna Beach and Malibu area now I live in Fallbrook which is about 15 mins east of Oceanside and I hit Oceanside and flip a coin if I go south or north I do avoid Carlsbad like a plague I hate that break there... OB has some incredible long board spots and on good days is better than old mans....

9. Dream

May 19, 2011
    Redondo Beach
    one of the few times i surfed was at carlsbad just after sunset.. don't remember much, nearly broke my nose (and my face)...haven't surfed since. (i like my nose, ha)

10. MrKrinkle

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Carlsbad is for sure the wrong place to learn, to try or surf at all really that sandy drop off and shore break sets only thing that its really good for well nothing really... actually great place to send all the tourists so their kids dont get in my way at the good surf spots...

11. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    steel is affected only on its surface and the rust comes out very easily from it dream

12. RippleInStillWater

RippleInStillWater Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Land Of Corruption
    Aren't are earlier aluminum-based GGTSs actually more resistant, Imeo? :confused:

13. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Can you repeat ripple? I didnt understand, sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.