The Rebel and Boxer 3D printed APV Box Mods Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
The RED one appears a bit faded discolored (from atomizer leaks). The black one looks brand new.
35841561014_f1a1bfacb1_z.jpg

I'm really happy with the shade of the Blue. (at least new that is) It will likely live inside most of the time along with its black brother.
My blue Boxer is over 2 years old and goes out with me almost every day.
I usually take a Boxer with me when I hike.
They're pretty tough and the blue stays blue.
This May...

18278545_1956732971224190_2426289502014602080_o.jpg

18555967_1961677010729786_5096221281693608334_n.jpg

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Still a good looking color of Blue Mowgli! (BTW: nice trick with the dog)

I tend to store the PV and my cell phone in a shirt breast pocket. The Boxers won't fit along with the cell phone. :(

Yeah, the Boxers are a little...er...boxie. That 2-year old outdoor adventure Boxer still looks great! I'm still kind of surprised these mods are not better known.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Alright, I just received my rebel. I open the package, get it all set up and it won't read my atomizer, or any atomizer for that matter. I haven't had a chance to play with it in escribe yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix an issue like this?

Damn, that is unfortunate and annoying. By not reading any of your atomizers, what do you mean exactly? Does the device tell you no atomizer is present when you fire it? Can it fire any atomizer at all, even if only in wattage mode?

Here are some things to tryout, regardless of your answers above. Make sure the floating 510 connection in the box mod actually floats. It could be stuck, though it shouldn't be. Go ahead and download/install and update eScribe, then connect your box mod to it and upload firmware if an update is available. You might also have to try a default reset on the mod through eScribe.

I'm not too sure what else to suggest, other that contacting Rebel Vape directly for some advice, and to arrange replacing the mod under warranty if necessary. It is best to get a problem ticket open with them on your product as soon as possible - to cover all your bases.

Please, let us know how it goes.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Alright, I just received my rebel. I open the package, get it all set up and it won't read my atomizer, or any atomizer for that matter. I haven't had a chance to play with it in escribe yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix an issue like this?

Well, any further developments with this?

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Well, I think Rebel is not a maker I wish to try my luck with.

Had to send back my REBEL MOD - YIHI 550J 200W BLUETOOTH TFT CHIP from Esauce. The 510 plate came right out, the batteries kept falling out because the door clips wouldn't lock in place and The YiHi splash screen kept getting stuck on the main control screen. Then they made me pay shipping back to the UK. To add insult injury they wanted me to place paper behind the battery contacts, and even send a step-by-step email describing how to do so. Now, because they don't offer refunds I'm stuck having to pick out another rebel mod since they no longer have a relationship with Boxer or Vaporshark.

I could foresee owning the newer DNA 75c but I'm worried that won't be up to par with my DNA 200's that I have had for sometime now. I have read though because there's no voltage drop (it has 9v) that people are finding they don't need to go higher up in wattage. Does anyone have experience with the DNA 75C vs 200?

Reactions: underd0g

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN

I'd venture to guess its the 510 connection plate. Mine was doing the same thing and then it literally came right out with my Smok tank. Send them an email, Esauce seems to have good CS, they'll take care of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexNZ

Jul 17, 2017
Esauce SUCKS big time.

Sucks, how so? I received my Rebel DNA 75C (dual 18650) recently and I could not have been more impressed with esauce or the Rebel.

The Rebel is so good, I've just sold two Therions and a Paranormal to move to 3D printed mods entirely. Have zero interest in, or use for, metal mods now.

Yes, they're 3 or 4 times the price of a $50 Chinese mod but it's the epitome of the case where I'd rather pay $200+ for a mod of this weight, durability, evolv chip for the long haul over a $50 eLeaf, Smok, Wismec, iJoy that may not last a year.

So many are buying mods for $50 to "save" only to have the mod crap out under a year. That's not "saving" money at all; that's flushing it away, imo.

Add to which, my Rebel makes my two Therions (167 and 75C) feel like anvils. I still love the Therions but, for everyday use, I wish I would have tried a 3D mod MUCH sooner.

I used to think as many do "heavy = quality", it doesn't, it just means it's heavier and hits the ground harder when dropped.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelDriver

TexNZ

Jul 17, 2017
OK, I see the quoted text (underd0g) above in someone else's post but I didn't/don't see that original post of yours in this thread.

So your problem was that you received a bad unit and you had to pay shipping to exchange it? They ultimately took care of you right?

I honestly can't get over mine. It is feather light, durable like carbon fiber, compact as any dual mod I've held, the 75C screen is brilliant, bright and easy to navigate, the battery fit is perfect and the door clicks/snaps in place nicely.

I think that's what I like most about it; It's unbelievably light yet extremely strong/rigid. I like that as I carry my mod on me all day every day - Sorry to hear your experience didn't go as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread