The Regulator- 5v addon

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAlert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
NJ
I saw Drew at Nhaler.com post this up a few days ago and was contemplating again and again if I should order it. The few 5v mods I have tried were all great, but I have and love my BSB, which limits me to 3.7 and 6+v. I could get a decent hit at 6v using Hv attys, but it still wasnt the same as 5v with the regular atty. So I took the plunge and ordered the other day. Got it the next day (Drew is only about 80 miles from me so overnight shipping is awesome!). Opened it up and tried it out. Here's my breakdown:

LOOKS: It's just a 901 (I think) stainless atty gutted and fitted with some sort or resistor inside. It does have 510 connections on it though. The atty side(which would be a battery side) does not appear sealed, but Drew told me it was internally. There was some sort of glue on it, on the body and some on the threads. Wiped right off with a little bit of goo-gone.

It does look funky as all heck though. Especially on my set up. It adds about an inch and 3/4 to the length of the atty, but if you get past that, no big deal.

FUNCTION: Awesome! I loaded up my BSB with 2 3.0v tenergy and went at it. Beutiful taste and hit, and NO BURNING! I grabbed my volt meter and tested it out. 5.07v close enough for me. After a few hours I tested it again, 5.07v, so it does regulate and hold that voltage throughout the battery life.

VALUE: I'd give this a 4 out of 5 if you're in my situation. I love my BSB, and honestly dont care for too much else out there as far a PVs go. 6v too me is a little much and sometimes 3.7 doesnt quite scratch the itch. With The Regulator, I can have it all with little expense and still use my favorite PV. Even if you want to try out what 5v is like and you already have a 6+v mod, this will give you a great idea of the feeling without having to spend 100bucks on another PV to try out.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
I think this would be great if you don't already have a 5v device.
I think 6v sucks too much juice and doesn't taste as good but I LOVE that POWER...
at 5v you still get alot of vapor "push" but without the harshness. VERY good sweetspot if you like the most power without the harshness...
I don't have one of these but I DO recommend 5v so if you haven't tried it yet-- you have to. You will love it. :) ALSO 510 cartomizers are ROCKINROLL at 5v

VapnChief

Jul 27, 2010
Ohio
I saw Drew at Nhaler.com post this up a few days ago and was contemplating again and again if I should order it. The few 5v mods I have tried were all great, but I have and love my BSB, which limits me to 3.7 and 6+v. I could get a decent hit at 6v using Hv attys, but it still wasnt the same as 5v with the regular atty. So I took the plunge and ordered the other day. Got it the next day (Drew is only about 80 miles from me so overnight shipping is awesome!). Opened it up and tried it out. Here's my breakdown:

LOOKS: It's just a 901 (I think) stainless atty gutted and fitted with some sort or resistor inside. It does have 510 connections on it though. The atty side(which would be a battery side) does not appear sealed, but Drew told me it was internally. There was some sort of glue on it, on the body and some on the threads. Wiped right off with a little bit of goo-gone.

It does look funky as all heck though. Especially on my set up. It adds about an inch and 3/4 to the length of the atty, but if you get past that, no big deal.

FUNCTION: Awesome! I loaded up my BSB with 2 3.0v tenergy and went at it. Beutiful taste and hit, and NO BURNING! I grabbed my volt meter and tested it out. 5.07v close enough for me. After a few hours I tested it again, 5.07v, so it does regulate and hold that voltage throughout the battery life.

VALUE: I'd give this a 4 out of 5 if you're in my situation. I love my BSB, and honestly dont care for too much else out there as far a PVs go. 6v too me is a little much and sometimes 3.7 doesnt quite scratch the itch. With The Regulator, I can have it all with little expense and still use my favorite PV. Even if you want to try out what 5v is like and you already have a 6+v mod, this will give you a great idea of the feeling without having to spend 100bucks on another PV to try out.

I also noticed this yesterday when placing a order and was tempted. Thanks for the review and please follow up on your experience with this device, because I am considering it.

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
man I knew I should of bought the terminator:( I ordered the LS instead hopefully it works good as advertised. I will still get a terminator for my Silver bullet though since I hate it at 6v, bad burt taste:(

you will LOVE the LS, its everything they said it would be, and it continues to wow me with the size, durability (dropped it a few times), and how convenient the variable voltage wheel is. You won't be dissappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread