• uploadfromtaptalk1374785770305.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374785770305.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 26

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
That is so nice to read Chad, Rob had told me that you stand behind your product. That made my decision to buy two SB's in my first week of vaping that much easier. Even though the two ego twist would have served my needs I am so happy I made the investment into the two SB's I love them! :toast:

I am the one who manufactures the Silver Bullet, BB, Omega, and Alpha. LOL not a lack of training. That hot glue you refer to is what i use to pot the switch in. I used to use a hard type epoxy(on about 200 units), until i had a couple of switches fall out from a fall. The hot melt has give to it and will take more of a beating. I know when you think hot glue, you think of your grandmother doing crafts with a small gun. Normally some parts would fall off the piece. I use an industrial hot melt gun that heats the "hot glue" to 400 deg f, LOL it ain't your grandma's craft gun. As far as yours having a piece falling away from the switch, i would be willing to bet it was discolored and covered in juice :). As far as the 100,000 electrical contacts of the switch. Think about it, an average vapor will go through 2ml a day in juice, that equates to 400 plus switch depressions a day. With yours lasting 2 years that would equal approx 292,000 depressions of the switch, pretty decent performance :). The biggest issue I have with the Silver Bullet is out of spec atomizers/cartomizers crushing the center post insulator. Some have male threads that are too long and will cut the insulator like a cookie cutter, others the center post is too long and will push the center post into the insulator. I have less than a 2% failure rate on my products, considering I have over 20,000 Silver Bullets in service, you will see some folks that have had issues. Most people will only post about a product when they are ...... off because it broke on them :). Now, the pitting. These units are powder coated, they bake at 350 deg f, you ever measure the temp coming from an atomizer? The heat and liquid will penetrate the powder coat and cause oxidation(pitting). I stand behind my products and will always repair the regardless of what the user has done to them(short of crushing the tube). If you like you could have both of those units rebuilt, all new internal parts (Switch, connector,bushing,spring), that is if you can take the fact that "hot glue" will be used to pot the switch in. LOL Would it have made you feel better if the hot melt was a solid color?
Chad

haproot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Well so far so good. I'm very happy with the SB thus far. One of the things I love about it is the 510 connection. When i screw on the iclear, a cisco spec atty, a boge tank cart or anything I have tried; It screws down to a point and that is it, it just stops, and it is on there. Very well made. The kick is serving me well.. However I need to get an 18650 to use with my Igo and LR atties. Did the math and my 1.35 ohm coil pulls like 13 watts @ 4.2v, the kick would just give me a lower voltage and not perform like it does straight off of a batt.

Speaking of the Igo, I love it! I ended up drilling the hole out to 1/16th. And i get some of the smoothest lung hits off of it. It is a totally different vaping experience. However I had to get 28g kanthal and 3mm silica to get it to how I like it.

So far I'm super happy with everything I got. Here's a pic of my current coil. I will make a better one eventually, but it is performing so well I don't want to mess with it. I have re-wicked it once already and it seems to just get better.

Thanks again!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375809679361.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375809679361.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013