thinking about getting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Submaniac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Anaheim
Not that your setup is bad or anything, but have you considered kayfun style (KF, KFL or Rocket) atomizer over Kraken/Genesis style? I have both Genesis and kayfun, and the Genesis design/Kraken may have some "issues". Like I think that the genesis makes more vapor than Kayfun, but Kayfun has better flavor. Plus genesis has a tendency to be a little more temperamental than KF. Like genesis has to be kept vertical or it leaks and is a little bit more messy than KF. (And no I don't think you'll go wrong getting a Kraken clone, but I'm just throwing this out so you can mull it over.)

tsmith89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SC, USA
Of course I'll consider. I'll check them out.

Not that your setup is bad or anything, but have you considered Kayfun style (KF, KFL or Rocket) atomizer over Kraken/Genesis style? I have both Genesis and Kayfun, and the Genesis design/Kraken may have some "issues". Like I think that the genesis makes more vapor than Kayfun, but Kayfun has better flavor. Plus genesis has a tendency to be a little more temperamental than KF. Like genesis has to be kept vertical or it leaks and is a little bit more messy than KF. (And no I don't think you'll go wrong getting a Kraken clone, but I'm just throwing this out so you can mull it over.)

Submaniac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Anaheim
Does the kfl have 2 posts for the coil?

This is the Kayfun ES (Fasttech).

1494700-2.jpg

I like the ES design because it has two holes in the side which allows you to insert the wire direcly in and then clamp down with screws. The Kayfun light is shorter in overall design, but it doesn't have the holes in the side so you have to attach wires to the screws. (I just think it is slightly easier).

I have genesis and I like genesis style and I use genesis style (when I want a whole lot of vapor). But if I'm on a limited budget, and could only choose one atty, I would choose Kayfun over genesis. Genesis leaks. I can't take it with me all the time like I can with a Kayfun because I don't like showing up places with drips on my clothing from the fluid. Just sayin'. Otherwise Kraken is a good choice.

Submaniac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Anaheim
I don't get why you would want to attach the leads into it instead of around the screw, You'd have to bend the leads to get over the airhole which can be a pain.

Because I am using thicker gauge Kanthal wire, have clumsy hands and find it easier just to insert wires into holes and clamp down. It's just my preference because I find it hard to get the thicker wire to stay under the screws when I screw it down with atty's without the holes.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Alright so I'm thinking of buying a mech clone setup from ft. I was thinking of getting

Nemesis Clone
Kraken Clone
Magnet switch
And Sony US18650VTC4 batteries.

Anyone want to input some advice on this? It'll be 50-60$ which doesn't soind bad even on my limited budget.

The Kraken will have a learning curve to get past if you're going to use SS mesh in it. I've had a AGA-T for over a year now and love it. With cotton set up as a auto dripper it will be a lot easier to set up. Google for Rip Trippers video on how to do that if you want to give it a try. It will leak if you put it on its side.

I have the FT Nemesis with magnets and it works very well. I find I have to clean the contact surfaces monthly or it stops firing soon after that. I also have a couple of VTC4 batts and IMO they are better than the VCT3s and MNKE.

I think as long as you accept the Kraken for what it is, you will love this hardware.

Vape on :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread