Thinking of buying a bottom feeder... Any recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synnuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Orange Park, FL
A bottom feeder does away with the constant dripping and gives the same flavor, vapor and throat hit. A lot of people will say the REO Grand is the best bottom feeder, but I've never owned one so I can't justify whether or not that is the case. I do own a VMod XL and have been stoked with it now that I've got a good atty on it. I filled a 9ml bottle 3 days ago, and just refilled it this morning.

If you're just looking to test the waters, I'd recommend checking out he classifieds for some VMods. You can usually get one for $60, then throw on a Cisco 306 atty @ 1.5ohms to get plenty of VTF. There are other, cheaper bottom feeders like the Old Goat for ~$20 IIRC. I'm not sure how they hold up to leaking, and what-not, but I know that the VMod doesn't leak unless you've done something to the o-rings in it.

All-in-all I've been happy with the purchase of my VMod. The atty's that come with it aren't all that great, maybe because of their high ohms, but it can be adjusted pretty easily.

Here's some links:

Old Goat for $20 - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...price-old-goat-bottomfeeders.html#post5891751

REO Grand: http://reosmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3:reo-grand

VMod XL: http://www.vapage.com/Vapage_VMOD_XL_Premium_Kit_p/vpk-0267.htm

If you do go the new VMod route you can use the coupon code 'vapin15' to get 15% off your order. I'm not sure if the REO has any coupons, and the Old Goat is so cheap you don't need one anyways.

Last edited:

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
I started with an oldgoat to be sure I liked bottom feeders as much as I thought I might. After I used it for about a week and loved not needing to drip anymore i tracked down a REO Grand on the classifieds. Its been my primary vape for around a year now! I can't say enough good things about the REO, its built to last, very simple mechanical design with no electronic gadetry to fail, and it just plain works 100% every time.

There are also many other quality bottom feeder mods out there. But for a intro to bottom feeders its hard to beat the budget friendly oldgoat 3ml feeder. I still have it as a backup, but my REO has yet to let me down.

RsK0807

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Columbia, Pennsylvania, United States

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
There are quite a few wooden feeders - Boggers Box, Redsky, MonkeyBoxx, and the REO Woodville to name a few

There are some plastic feeders - Old Goat, Missys Wet Box, Maxx Box, Luicy Juicey, and Sgt VV are some of them

There are only a couple of metal feeders - REO Grand, REO Mini, REO Metal 18490, and the notcigs VVPV (not a bottom feeder - it's a top feeder).

I know of two hybrid Plastic/Metal feeder - The VMod and the GLV3.

If you desire variable voltage, the list shortens a little bit, but many of the above (and several others exist that didn't come directly to mind) are VV or are available with VV as a feature.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I got my wooden bottom feeder vv mod from Sweet Vapes. He makes the gripper, but if you look in the left-hand column of tabs he has a section called "Other Mods", and I was able to get mine immediately without waiting. It holds a 6 ml bottle of juice and uses 2 14500 batts, plus it's variable voltage. The workmanship is really nice on his mods. I've been happy with it. That's sweetvapes.com, not another site called sweet-vapes :) For some reason though when I just checked the site, the pictures aren't downloading for me right now.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010