This is bugging me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
I love my kanger protank. It's all I use because currently it's all I have but thats ok because I love it right? I hate these atomizers or they hate me.

I vape 80vg/20pg juice at 3.8v and I clean these atomizers about every 2 tank fulls since it's a more thick juice. Even after cleaning them, dry burn and all they still bug me. I will get some great hits maybe 4-5 off a clean atty then bam.. almost a burnt flavor/muted ect. I have to pull the bottom off, wipe the excess juice around it ect and even then it's just the same thing over and over. I only have 1 flavor wick on them and I for the life of me can't figure out why every atty I use does this to me.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Anything I can try? I love this tank.. but the constant issues with the attys are not fun.

(Side note: I can't do top wicking attys(I'm not a fan of a "warmer vape") and I haven't ordered anymore cartos yet so just looking to figure out how to work these attys I have at the moment)

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama, United States
I got the new terminator tank a couple of days ago. I love it. I haven't tried the killer or diver attys so I can't compare it to the more expensive versions. I do recommend you try it.
I love my Protank but hate the metal tip. I ordered the Tatroe tank and it's good but won't help with your problem because it uses the same base and coils. The Puritank is supposed to be the Protank killer. We'll see. I plan to order one as soon as they are back in stock but once again...same coils.
I use 60/40 vg/pg and sweet flavors and haven't had a problem in my Protanks. You've tried removing one of the wicks so... another poster cut a little slit on the side of the rubber cap covering the coil, said it helped. One poster said remove both wicks but I don't know how that would work.. Have you thought about rebuilding with stainless steel mesh?
Just throwing a bunch of stuff out there. Hope you find your answer.

Last edited:

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
I got the new terminator tank a couple of days ago. I love it. I haven't tried the killer or diver attys so I can't compare it to the more expensive versions. I do recommend you try it.
I love my Protank but hate the metal tip. I ordered the Tatroe tank and it's good but won't help with your problem because it uses the same base and coils. The Puritank is supposed to be the Protank killer. We'll see. I plan to order one as soon as they are back in stock but once again...same coils.
I use 60/40 vg/pg and sweet flavors and haven't had a problem in my Protanks. You've tried removing one of the wicks so... another poster cut a little slit on the side of the rubber cap covering the coil, said it helped. One poster said remove both coils but I don't know how that would work.. Have you thought about rebuilding with stainless steel mesh?

I'll have to look into a few of those tanks you mentioned and I'm going to try the slitting spots in that rubber cap too. I haven't even touched rebuildable anything yet lol. Give my self some time until I wanna start pulling out the tools for that lol. But I'll try the rubber cap thing and see if that helps and look into a few other tanks. I loved the AGR tank I had but the cartos I got(smoktech) blew out on me in 48 hours and my juice did not like them at all. So going to order some boge come soon.

I would prefer though some atty tanks as long as they are bottom fed. Thank you for the tips!

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama, United States
The terminator tank I mentioned does come ready to use but it has a rebuild-able bottom coil carto/atty. I haven't had it long enough to rebuild it. It's a little fiddly to adjust but I love the vape esp if you like the Protank.

Smoktech Terminator Tank

They sell the replacements too. A little high if you aren't ready to rebuild. I think they were $3.50 ea.

woody8729

Nov 24, 2011
Shenzhen, China
I use 60/40 vg/pg and sweet flavors and haven't had a problem in my Protanks. You've tried removing one of the wicks so... another poster cut a little slit on the side of the rubber cap covering the coil, said it helped. One poster said remove both wicks but I don't know how that would work.. Have you thought about rebuilding with stainless steel mesh?

if you have a none-metal drip, you may try the Davide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread