This is important for ALL vapers! Please follow linkback within the post and get the word out about this huge impending tax!

Status
Not open for further replies.

locomikey5150

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Orange County, CA
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/642648-1l-100mg-nic-base-went-up-830-00-a.html (Thanks to zoiDman for posting the original thread)

This was posted in the DIY section, but I figure it's something that all of us should be aware of. In a nutshell, the taxes are coming and it will make it tougher for all of us to continue with our healthier alternative to smoking. I'm guessing this is something that should be posted in the legislation portion of the forum, but in light of the severity, I'm hopeful the moderators will allow it to remain here where it will get more visibility.

Granted, this is specifically for Indiana for the time being, but as we all know, the powers-that-be all over this great nation of ours are drunk on tax revenue and regulation. If this passes in Indiana without a huge fuss, it could very easily be something that will soon be seen all over. I've seen numerous posts of similar impending taxes/regulations in other states throughout this site lately, and I don't know about you, but I'm getting really tired of it!

It's getting down to crunch time, and we ALL need to do everything we can to stop this! I'm a two-time cancer survivor and tried patches, gum and cold-turkey to quit the analogs to no avail, but vaping was my savior. The research has shown that e-cigarettes are much healthier than the analogs, and I can't stand by and let them slowly take away what's helping so many people. I can attest that vaping has made me healthier than I was when I smoked cigarettes, and I don't think it's too much of a stretch to assume that's the case with many of you as well.

Please get the word out. Please contact your representatives. It's time for we the people to do something about this!

Vape on! :vapor:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Where were each of you when mandatory seat belt laws were enacted, when the NSA began its surveillance, when calorie counts became mandatory, when the TSA and Homeland Security began to keep you safe, when safety and security for the children became the ...... of the government? It all seemed like a good idea, it kept us safe, didn't it? Conceptualize this: every good idea need not become law. Good ideas are better lived, not legislated.
If a regulation or tax did not affect you directly only affected the other guy adversely, you said what?. The stand taken by all of us should come from a fundamental understanding that there can be no freedom unless government is constrained All intrusion by the government, regardless of reason, should be viewed with great skepticism. Now, the government comes for you, you squeal and no one cares.

locomikey5150

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Orange County, CA
Admittedly, I was ignorant to many of these things in the past. I've woken up and am at the point where I can't sit idly by while our liberties are taken away. Not just with ecigs, but the whole gambit. Better late to the party than be a no-show, and I'm working to bring friends to the party as well. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, and I'm squeaking loudly moving forward.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Admittedly, I was ignorant to many of these things in the past. I've woken up and am at the point where I can't sit idly by while our liberties are taken away. Not just with ecigs, but the whole gambit. Better late to the party than be a no-show, and I'm working to bring friends to the party as well. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, and I'm squeaking loudly moving forward.
That's my story as well.

I was lazy. I was ignorant. I was fat and happy.
Well, not really fat yet, but I was slowly getting there until I took action on that front.

(Weight Watchers really works by the way)
(So does a low-carb diet)

Anyway, yeah...
Vaping woke me up and made me see what's happening all around me.

Now I fight. Now I educate.

It doesn't take a village to raise a child.
It takes a village to overcome the garbage we are being fed daily.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
Wallace: Sons of ECF, I am William Wallace.

ECF member: William Wallace is 7 feet tall.

Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills regulations by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the FDA with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his ..... I AM William Wallace. And I see a whole army of vapers here in defiance of tyranny. You have come to fight as free vapors, and free vapors you are. What would you do without that freedom? Will you fight?

Veteran ECF member: Fight? Against the government? No, we will sit idley by; and accept our fate.

Wallace: Fight to vape so you may live. Sit idely by and you'll die -- because you had to go back to smoking. And dying in your beds years from now, would you be willing to accept all the days from this day to that, knowing you had the chance, just one chance to come here and tell our enemies that they may try to take our freedoms, but they'll never take our VAPE!!!

William Wallace is a bada**, you better listen.

locomikey5150

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Orange County, CA
Wallace: Sons of ECF, I am William Wallace.

ECF member: William Wallace is 7 feet tall.

Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills regulations by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the FDA with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his ..... I AM William Wallace. And I see a whole army of vapers here in defiance of tyranny. You have come to fight as free vapors, and free vapors you are. What would you do without that freedom? Will you fight?

Veteran ECF member: Fight? Against the government? No, we will sit idley by; and accept our fate.

Wallace: Fight to vape so you may live. Sit idely by and you'll die -- because you had to go back to smoking. And dying in your beds years from now, would you be willing to accept all the days from this day to that, knowing you had the chance, just one chance to come here and tell our enemies that they may try to take our freedoms, but they'll never take our VAPE!!!

William Wallace is a bada**, you better listen.

Outstanding post! Love it, and I'm listening. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread