Thoughts on the Requiem BF Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
So these are my thoughts on the new Requiem BF kit from Vandy Vape after about a weeks use. I am going to sperate this out into two parts, 1 - The rda which I have not used and 2 - the Mod that I have been using exclusively for the past week or so. I purchased the Gun Metal Version.

First the RDA. So the RDA is a 22mm and the airflow feels restricted direct lung. Since I have not used it yet, the only other thing I will say is that it feels cheap. Both caps are plastic of some kind and the feel is not great. The base is metal, but the feel is not great. I am not sure how this compares to the original Requiem RDA as I do not have one. This doesn't bother me as I wanted just the Mod and only the kit is out now. I may be more upset if a Mod only version comes out and it is $20 cheaper cause this RDA is not worth that.

Now the Mod. So for performance I am using the Gorge RDA with a single 3mm SS round wire coil coming out to .37ohms. Since this is a mech I am using brand new Molicel P26A batteries. I have some thoughts on these below as this is the first time I am using them.

Look and feel - This is a very small Mod, much smaller than I was expecting. I guess the reviewers I watch all have small hands cause it didn't look this small. The Mod unlike the included RDA, this Mod is solid and heavy, like use it for brass knuckles heavy. The weight feels very good in my hand. Hard corners on the front, rounded on the back, and it feels very good in the hand (I have very Large meat hooks).

The 510 is adjustable, and a 24mm RDA fits, but the plate is only 22mm so there is an ever so slight raised look that I don't notice unless I look for it. If you have OCD this may bother you.

The Shut of Switch works. Inside the battery fits very tight and I am using a ribbon I have to wrap around the battery to make it easier to get out. Without it you are doing the smash the mod on your hand thing. It would have been nice if they included one since they sent battery wraps.

The contacts are easy to remove for cleaning, and while I haven't done the 510 yet, it looks like I can do it with my fingers. I will update this post if I have troubles. Being able to easily disassemble a mod for cleaning is a plus to me.

The bottle is the only really big negative I have. First it is small - maybe 5.5ml of juice capacity. The fill method they added doesn't work unless you are using a syringe and the cap part is way too big. If they would have put a normal cap I bet they could have gotten 2ml more in the capacity. The feel of the bottle is perfect just firm enough. For now I am using the stock bottle as it is working for me based on the battery performance I am getting. If you are looking for other bottles, they do need to be short as the space the 510 takes up is on the larger size. The bottles from the pulse will not fit (too tall). I had some random SNK bottles I bought in my spares bin that fit fine though.

Performance - this Mod hits nice. I do not bothered to measure the voltage drop, but based on other mods I have this is very low. With the Molicel and my build, I get two bottles out of it between battery changes.

Overall I will be getting another of these and I think I have found my daily driver. I have not put this down since it came in.

A note on the Molicel P26As - Mooch did testing on these so you can see the numbers in his blog, but performance wise, at the start they hit a little lower than the Sony VTC4s but keep a more consistent vape through out the life of the battery. I have been using VCT4 to this point and I bought these cause they were on sale and had good testing results and I can say I think I will be switching to these from now on.

Some Pics below - let me know if there are questions
51250081036_3df9a11d76_z.jpg
51250829839_e51695b6ce_z.jpg
51249353782_b95979536d_z.jpg

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Update based on some additional usage.

So far I still love the mod. It has been my daily driver and I don't think that will change. I have a second one on the way

The comment I wanted to add is there is some type of coating on the mod that started to peel. I think it is a lacquer coating. I took a polishing brush to it to remove it and so far I have not seen any changes to the finish, not that I expect any.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Update based on some additional usage.

So far I still love the mod. It has been my daily driver and I don't think that will change. I have a second one on the way

The comment I wanted to add is there is some type of coating on the mod that started to peel. I think it is a lacquer coating. I took a polishing brush to it to remove it and so far I have not seen any changes to the finish, not that I expect any.

Are you still happy with this mod? I'm considering ordering one.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Are you still happy with this mod? I'm considering ordering one.

Yes I am. I have not put it down yet. My second one arrives this week.

One more item I found, and this is more me then the mod itself, the strip of silver plated brass has a rubberized coating on it. Due to the number of times I removed it (for Cleaning), it wore through in the corner of the mod. This cause a short and cause the mod to heat up. I fixed it with a little electrical tape and it has been fine since.

I guess the mod doesnt need to be cleaned every other day as it doesn't leak I guess I am a little OCD ...... Or I Just need to be more careful taking it in and out.

If you want pics I can take and upload them

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Yes I am. I have not put it down yet. My second one arrives this week.

One more item I found, and this is more me then the mod itself, the strip of silver plated brass has a rubberized coating on it. Due to the number of times I removed it (for Cleaning), it wore through in the corner of the mod. This cause a short and cause the mod to heat up. I fixed it with a little electrical tape and it has been fine since.

I guess the mod doesnt need to be cleaned every other day as it doesn't leak I guess I am a little OCD ...... Or I Just need to be more careful taking it in and out.

If you want pics I can take and upload them

No need for pics, thanks, I think I'll order one. Just need to find a single coil build I'm happy with on a mech, my go-to builds on regulated ohm out too high so won't heat up fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread