Thoughts on the Sidesho- my first ecig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After weeks of debating, I ordered the Sidesho from Modern Vapor. As a newb, I wanted something that wasn't too huge or crazy looking (yet) and something simple to use and refill. My husband Paul decided that he wanted one as well, so we ended up getting 2 Sidesho kits, a bunch of juices, some prefilled carts, blue foam, attys, and 2 slim cases. Tony even threw in some extra blank carts as a bonus!

I had some questions, to which Tony quickly responded. The shipping was pretty quick, the order was placed on Sunday night and received on Thursday. I was impressed as soon as I unpacked the box.

The PCC is very nice. About the size as a pack of analogs, and not too heavy. It's a nice rubberized texture (like those rubberized phone covers) with a black finish. There are slots inside to holds carts, attys and a battery. The slot that the battery charges in can hold a battery as well, the battery will just sit in loosely as to not get overcharged.

The Sidesho's themselves are beautiful. I got stainless steel, and he got the dark red. Both are very classy and sturdily constructed. The threads are very nice, and don't seem that they will strip out, and everything fits together nicely without cross threading or any other issues. Paul got his together and was using it before I even got home from work. Usually he over-complicates things like this, but everything was perfect and self explanatory.

The batteries are not too heavy, the entire assembly has the weight of a little cigar maybe. Think clove cigar or swisher sweet or something. I weighed it, and though I forget the exact weight, it was about the same as 3 analogs. It does take a little getting used to, I kept trying to 'ash' it and since the weight is more towards the end it would slide in my fingers. After a day or two it becomes second nature. The width is a tiny bit thicker than an analog. Maybe halfway between a regular and Camel Wide. They feel very nice in the fingers. The length is like a 100, definitely shorter than a 120. I used to smoke Djarum Blacks, and it's about as long as one of the Blacks were. One other thing- if you are an ear storage kind of person, be careful, since these are a little longer/heavier/unbalanced the don't tuck above the ear nicely. Well, they fit, but like to slide out at any little head movement. It took a few quick catches

The manual battery is slightly longer than the automatic. Not by much, maybe just an eighth of an inch or so. The buttons on the manual batteries are conveniently placed, allowing it to be held several ways. My button would get stuck in (Paul's was fine) so I tried to pop it out and shave a little bit off. BE CAREFUL if you do this. You need to shave off maybe a hair's width. Mine was ok at first, but then started falling inside the battery and requiring to be fished out. I emailed Tony about a replacement and luckily he has them available. I was unsure as to whether or not I would like the manual battery at first, but it turns out that I do. I prefer the auto for general use, but like the manual for the car (I'll explain this in a bit), for the first few puffs on a fresh refill, and for the more subdued flavors that I like to take longer draws of.

The automatic battery is AWESOME! It draws just like an analog. I had one of those disposable ecigs and it required extensive puffing and sucking, completely unnatural. The Sidesho is not difficult at all, it is very smooth and natural feeling. Even my husband loves it (and he wanted to get 2 manuals at first-men!) The only thing I have noticed with the automatic is that it will sometimes turn on by itself, but only in EXTREME conditions. By extreme conditions I mean driving at HIGHWAY SPEED with the RADIO BLASTING, the WINDOWS & THE TOP DOWN, holding it between my fingers ON THE STEERING WHEEL. If I hold it by the shifter, it's fine. Sitting on my lap, fine. Top up & windows down, or top down & windows up, it's fine. Top down & windows down driving neighborhood speeds, it's fine. Paul has not noticed his automatic turning itself on, even in my dad's old loud Chevy truck with the windows down and back window open and the radio on.

We chose the menthol carts as part of the Sidesho kit. I'm not really keen on them, but Paul loves them. I'll smoke menthol analogs, but I don't care for mint. I LOATHE peppermint patties and mint chocolate chip ice cream, for example, and to me the carts are that kind of minty. A sweeter kind of minty. We got lots of juices. Paul loves the Rum flavor, he says it tastes like delicious spiced rum. It's too sweet for me, but he's got a sweet tooth and me not so much. I got the clove and black clove flavors since I used to smoke the Blacks. They don't really taste like clove cigarettes, but more like the spice. I like to mix the clove with some other flavors, though. There are some good Djarum recipes on here that I would like to try when I get more adventurous. The vanilla, chocolate, and cherry flavors are pretty tasty. They aren't overpowering, and taste like I would expect. A drop of clove and some vanilla is nice. By far my favorite is the RY4. Definitely my daily vape. For me, it's similar to the delicious first bite of a spoonful of Golden Grahams. And a little mapley. Not super sweet at all, but very rich and warm and mellow and wonderful.

As far as refilling the carts, I don't feel that I am qualified to give an opinion. I always manage to get either no vapor or a mouthful of juice. Sometimes both. Eventually by doing a series of quick puffs and using the manual battery I can get some good draws, and after a little while everything will be ok. I've tried using less juice, using more juice, using the blue foam, putting the juice in before the foam, putting the juice in after the foam (you get the idea) and get the same result each time. I'll have to practice and comment about that later. :)

All in all, I am very impressed and satisfied with the Sidesho, and I would gladly recommend it to anyone looking for their first ecig. It's a good size and reasonable battery life (I have a different flavor on each of the 2 batteries, and they make it through the day just fine). The throat hit is about what a normal analog is, once you get the hang of drawing from it. Some juices offer more of a hit than others do. I think the vapor is dependent on the juice used as well. I don't get as good of vapor with the clove or vanilla juices, but the RY4 and Cherry are superb. I've only had the Sidesho for 3 days, though, so I'm still getting the hang of it.

The customer service is OUTSTANDING, the products are EXCELLENT, and I have only great things to say about Modern Vapor. I am very pleased with the purchase.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread