Threaded area of cartomizer stuck in Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleck

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Sandy, UT
So my wife last night dropped her ProVari and it ended up hitting carto end down. This caused the tank/carto to come flying off. I checked it last night and figured, just replace the carto in the tank and it'll be good. The current carto was missing it's threads.

This morning I wake up, get to replacing the carto. Get it all set up and realize, the threads themselves are still in the Provari. The carto that was in the tank when she dropped it looks pretty normal, minus having threads. The issue is the Provari itself still has the threads in there! So no new carto :unsure:

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I might go about removing the thin piece of threaded metal that is currently in the Provari? Anyone else ran into a similar problem?

hellsh0cked

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Connecticut
Have you removed the broken carto?

So my wife last night dropped her ProVari and it ended up hitting carto end down. This caused the tank/carto to come flying off. I checked it last night and figured, just replace the carto in the tank and it'll be good. The current carto was missing it's threads.

This morning I wake up, get to replacing the carto. Get it all set up and realize, the threads themselves are still in the Provari. The carto that was in the tank when she dropped it looks pretty normal, minus having threads. The issue is the Provari itself still has the threads in there! So no new carto :unsure:

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I might go about removing the thin piece of threaded metal that is currently in the Provari? Anyone else ran into a similar problem?

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
I have taken needle-nosed pliers, put the tip in the hole, open the pliers a bit so they are up against the carto and unscrew it. Works every time!

About six hours after reading the original post the same thing happened to me! The above plier trick worked perfectly.

Screwing on the cartomizer just enough pays off at times.

ebbrey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norway
Yea, first time you break off the carto and find the threads inside.. you think its going to be a pain to get them out when its really easy :) There is always some edges on whats left instead of a smooth "circle" so you can easially use a flat head screw driver and just push it around a coupple times counter clockwise until it falls out :) Im pretty happy these cartos are really weak in that particular link.. So it doesnt end up ruining the threads or anything in the provari. Just snap off and leave the expensive stuff intact :D

ruff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
Washington, In
Could always try pressing the other part back on to the threaded part, I've had this happen where the press fit threaded end came out of the outer shell of the carto then unscrew as you normally would, but if it's just threads and no press fit collar then a small flat screwdriver as others have suggested should help

Also if the bottom end of the carto sleeve is misshapen flip it over to the drip tip side for a better fit assuming it didn't get warped on the drop

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread