Throat Hit- is it the eliquid, pg/vg and or brand of ecig ...totally confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie2ec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
MD
Hello! I am new to all of this and very new to ordering liquids and filling them myself. I recently received some liquids from KBV and they are really yummy but do not have a big TH. Did I order the wrong pg/vg combo, or is it the type of ecig I am using (vapor4Life). I ordered 18mg nic and 60/40 (the 1st choice of options). Any advise for a better throat hit? Thanks in advance for your time.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
TH is sorta a combination of all things, but mostly nic level and PG content. The more PG, the better the TH. If 60/40 isn't enough, maybe up the PG to 70% or even 80%, but keep in mind you may sacrifice a little vapor when you do. Many vapers here use 80/20 regularly. Nic level will also contribute some to the TH, and the flavor will have something to do with it too. There are just some flavors (cinnamon, for instance) that naturally have a better throat hit than others. The V4L pv is a good one and shouldn't cause a problem. However, higher voltage will also give a better throat hit. If you just can't get satisfied, you may want to look in to a mod that offers the choice of 5v or 6v vaping. Good luck.

Jan

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
What kind of carrto are you using on the Vapor4Life? WOW carto (hotter), Coolcart (cooler) or other (may even be cooler). And use manual batteries for the best hit. I'm vaping a Vpor4Life wow cart on a V4L manual battery right now and getting plenty of hit with a WOW prefill I've been topping off with 70pg/30vg juice from elsewhere.

TH is mainly nicotine level + heat, and that would be dulled by higher VG in eliquids. BTW - you said 60/40 - 60 what? BTW I noticed Southern Ambrosia sells 60 VG / 40 PG by default. Usually PG is listed first. I use 70pg/30vg and 80pg/20vg.

Heat is voltage of the cig vs resistance of the carto or atty and Vapor4Life is a real 3.7v ecig unlike most slim ecigs. However you cannot use true low resistance attys and cartos on a slim battery without killing it. About the lowest you can go on a Vapor4Life/KR808D-1 is whatever ohms the Vapor4Life WoW Carts are.

If you want hotter than that you need to go to a 450mah+ fat battery model or a mod and then you can use real low resistance parts. Or you can buy a high or variable voltage mod and use the Vapor4Life cartos or other standard resistance on them.

Last edited:

Joe_Atlanta

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Another Newbie here (one week) w/V4L starter kit. As a long term ultra light smoker I ordered 4mg Cool Carts in 555. Very mild, minimal throat hit unless I really catch the sweet spot on my automatic (primer puff, slow, long inhale, fresh battery). USB manual pass through ups the TH level a notch(higher voltage?).

I got 4 free sample WOW carts in various flavors (all 4mg.). The TH varied a lot with melon being minimal (almost like the cool cart), coffee a bit stronger (occasionally made me cough from the TH), 555 stronger yet and cappuccino hitting like a jackhammer. Same brand cart, same Nic level, different flavors gave radically different TH.
Good luck, trying to do research on e-cigs is tough, since taste is subjective. "One man's ceiling is another man's floor".

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
No primer puffs here. Manual batteries for full control of my hit. I can press the button early and vape when the vapor is best.

BTW Vapor4Life's WOWbacco gave me pretty stiff hit too, actually too much for me at 18mg in a V4L WOW carto. It's a cocoa tobacco and WOWboy is the same but with some mint added.

I also use a plastic drip tip as a mouthpiece in WOW cartos so I can vape without my lips getting hot.

newbie2ec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
MD
I have heard about these drip tips and now I am thinking I need to purchase a manual battery- but I do not know what dripping is or where to get a drip tip to fit my V4L battery- I dont think I saw them on the website?
I agree the passthrough (auto)- does work better then any of my reg auto batteries;)
Hmmmm - so much to learn and the liquids from KBV were 60VG 40PG - so I think that was part of the problem- yummy but like vaping air;)

Joe_Atlanta

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Hmmmm - so much to learn and the liquids from KBV were 60VG 40PG - so I think that was part of the problem- yummy but like vaping air;)
You could try doctoring them up with a 100% PG juice with a compatible flavor. On the pre-made WOW carts (that had too much of a TH for me) I found that I could smooth them out by occasionally adding a couple of drops of plain VG. Didn't seem to affect the taste that much.

newbie2ec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
MD
Up until this week- I had always used the prefilled wowcartos. I ordered the blank wow cartos (which I am trying to fill)- still not sure which method is best - some say syringe (ummm dont have one of those yet)- some say drip into top part and other say condom into the bottom part? I havent figured this out yet and I am curious about the drip tip to try different juices without having to fill the cartomizer? Is that what they are used for? and only with a manual battery....right?

Sorry to ask so many questions- if I should be asking somewhere else- feel free to let me know.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
Up until this week- I had always used the prefilled wowcartos. I ordered the blank wow cartos (which I am trying to fill)- still not sure which method is best - some say syringe (ummm dont have one of those yet)- some say drip into top part and other say condom into the bottom part? I havent figured this out yet and I am curious about the drip tip to try different juices without having to fill the cartomizer? Is that what they are used for? and only with a manual battery....right?

Sorry to ask so many questions- if I should be asking somewhere else- feel free to let me know.

No. You use the drip tip in place of the little white cap that's at the top of the cartomizer.
You'll get a better hit of vapor that way. You can add juice to the cartomizer through the hole in the top of the tip but I just take it off. Here's the best price I've found on drip tips:
BreezEsmokes - Premium Electronic Cigarettes
I bought 10.

Fill your cartomizers from the top. Don't use the condom method. It wastes lots of juice and could be bad for the cartomizer (dormouse will explain why).

I got my starter kit from V4L as well. I quickly got sick of both their juice and their cartomizers.
I switched from the WOWs to these:
KR808d-1 Cartomizer : Cartridge Atomizer | Cigarette Cartridge Pack | Blank Cartomizer | Cigarette Cartridges

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread