Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
Alright, I got my eGo yesterday around three. I have been pretty much chain vaping since. I have dripped a few different flavors as well as used the prefilled carts that came with my kit The juices I dripped were 18 and 12mg and I think the prefilled carts are 24mg. I have been topping off one of the prefilled carts today with a 18mg juice (black cherry from velvet vapors) and my throat hurts. Is this normal when you first start?

Anyway, no analogs since I got the kit and I am very happy, but I would like to keep my throat from being sore...

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

:vapor::vapor:Thanks:vapor::vapor:

Welcome, and congrats on your triumph over analogs. There are a few possibilities:

* Nicotine: Especially when vaping so often, you probably are getting a lot of nicotine. In my experience, one of the biggest parts of TH is nic content.
* PG/VG: I find that VG is easier on my throat, but YMMV.
* Dehydration: Vaping will pull more moisture from your body than smoking (it sounds illogical, but it is true), so you might just need to drink more water.

So in short, I say drink more water, try lower nic, and try different juices. (Experimenting with flavors is half the fun anyhow!)

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
Thanks for the replies, it seems to be when I am really vaping alot, and I have emptied a few carts today. I totally understand the "burnt taste" thing now too. lol. It's kinda the same soreness. All in all my first full day of vaping versus smoking has been pleasurable and I may even have a couple co-workers about to convert. Not bad for day 1. :)

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
Congrats on quitting analogs. You will see some side effects as your body gets rid of the stuff accumulated in your lungs. It is worth the time to read the side effects of quitting thread. It really helped me to know what to expect. Without it I would have assumed the side effects were from vaping and gone back to analogs.

CArtVapr

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
www.bjorkartstudio.com
Been dripping for a few days with the LR306, and my throat is fried, my friend got the same fried throat at the same time. Cartomizers do the same thing to my throat, it takes me a few days to recover after using it for a night. I use both VG and PG and it doesn't seem to matter which one.

It feels like the strong hits dry freeze my throat and kill the tissue, and it's just waiting to be detached. I also worry about the burning metals and can't imagine this is good for the body. I've used ecigs for a few years now without problems however back then I just used the regular attys, now it's the LR attys and problems.

CMHpilot

Dec 18, 2010
Columbus, OH
Unfortunately I have the sore throat thing going on as well. I didn't really get it until I got the Mega attys and carts on the eGo. Went back to regular attys and carts and cartos and hopefully the soar throat will subside. Also started dripping for a couple days and now I get a buildup of mucusy gunk on the roof of my mouth in the morning that I need to scrape out with my fingers. Kinda gross and scares me that this is the crap going into my lungs... I may buy some Snus and put down the ecig to try and let the soar throat subside instead of taking a bunch of Advil and vaping.

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Unfortunately I have the sore throat thing going on as well. I didn't really get it until I got the Mega attys and carts on the eGo. Went back to regular attys and carts and cartos and hopefully the soar throat will subside. Also started dripping for a couple days and now I get a buildup of mucusy gunk on the roof of my mouth in the morning that I need to scrape out with my fingers. Kinda gross and scares me that this is the crap going into my lungs... I may buy some Snus and put down the ecig to try and let the soar throat subside instead of taking a bunch of Advil and vaping.

Come on over to the dark side, Smokeless tobacco. I love vaping, but it couldn't totally get me off cigarettes. Once I started snussing, cigarettes were history. Now I vape for pleasure. I think last Friday after lunch and a couple drinks. "If you're happy and you know it, pop a snus!".

CMHpilot

Dec 18, 2010
Columbus, OH
Come on over to the dark side, Smokeless tobacco. I love vaping, but it couldn't totally get me off cigarettes. Once I started snussing, cigarettes were history. Now I vape for pleasure. I think last Friday after lunch and a couple drinks. "If you're happy and you know it, pop a snus!".

So turned out it wasn't the vaping that was messing me up. Had a pretty severe case of sinusitis that was causing the sore throat and mucus. Went to the doc and got some meds and have started to feel better and am happily vaping again. However I heeded your advice and went down to the local speedway and picked up a tin of General portions and couldn't be happier. Ordered a bunch of the stronger stuff online and will work it into my nicotine regiment. Thanks for pointing me in that direction rothenbj.

Happy New Year!

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
No problem CMHpilot, it was just the right answer for me to dump smokes permanently. I love the stuff. Just put in a large order a couple of days ago. Ordered from Sweden since it saved me the shipping costs (free shipped $200 orders before New Year) and I was getting low on some of my favorites. You don't need all strong portions and watch out for niccups with some of them.

I'm sure you'll find some favorites over time. Don't be afraid to come over to the dark side. :)

kkc1234

Oct 31, 2010
United States
I've been using Greensmoke for over a year with no problems. After finding this forum, decided to try V4Life VaporKing. It seems to be superior to GS, but every time that I try to smoke it, I get this weird problem in the back of my throat. It's almost like my throat is swelling (though definitely it's not visually closing), it hurts and it's as thought something is clogging it, although I can't say that I can detect any type of drainage or anything. Strange......I know!! LOL

I wrote to GS and asked what specifically was in there cartomizers and was told it was nic, PG and flavoring. They claim to have no VG. I also wrote to V4Life requesting the same info., but have not been able to get a respons. Anyone happen to know the ingredients for V4Life cartomizers? I'm thinking it is probably one of the ingredients that is bothering me, although I also wondered if it could be because the V4Life gives a MUCH stronger hit? Would appreciate any help resolving!

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
US
I dont know what is in the V4Life cartomizers, but I do have the exact symtoms you have, throat is swelling, maybe a bit dry, and just uncomfortable, but not uncomfortable to the point where i cant vape anymore.

I just starting vaping less than a week ago. I was using the V4Life kr808 and their premium cartomizers, I remember i read somewhere that says their cartomizers contain more PG then VG. A couple of days later I started using LibertyFlights joye ego and their 100%VG juice. I will cough everytime i inhale the ego but not so much with the kr8. To me it seems like the throat hit is giving us the throat problem, and that our throat is adjusting to the new vapor we are inhaling into our body. Today I feel much better, didnt have that swollen feeling.

I hope yours got better too, try drinking more water it does help!!

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
I dont know what is in the V4Life cartomizers, but I do have the exact symtoms you have, throat is swelling, maybe a bit dry, and just uncomfortable, but not uncomfortable to the point where i cant vape anymore.

I just starting vaping less than a week ago. I was using the V4Life kr808 and their premium cartomizers, I remember i read somewhere that says their cartomizers contain more PG then VG. A couple of days later I started using LibertyFlights joye ego and their 100%VG juice. I will cough everytime i inhale the ego but not so much with the kr8. To me it seems like the throat hit is giving us the throat problem, and that our throat is adjusting to the new vapor we are inhaling into our body. Today I feel much better, didnt have that swollen feeling.

I hope yours got better too, try drinking more water it does help!!

I can't vape VG at all. It makes my throat feel like it's stuffed with saw-dust, and my nose gets completely stuffed up. My eyes burn. I cough and sneeze. I went back to pg only and I'm fine. Every time I try any VG juice, instant return of the nastyness for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread