Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Haven't seen this discussed, and wondered what others think about it.

it's the Throathit Twin 18650 Variable. It runs between 3 and 5.8 volts, utilizes two AW IMR 18650 safe chemistry cells, housed in an all metal box! Has protection for over-charging, over discharging, protection against shorts and has a limit of 5 amps max.

The device comes with a built in charger, so no need to ever (well, for a looong time) remove the batteries! Just plug in the included charger, which plugs in like a mobile phone and charges the cells onboard! You can also use it as a pass through.

Case is semi matte textured aluminum and very solid!

It IS a large device, but with two 18650's, people who own it claim it easily lasts over two full days on a single charge!

Just wondering people's thoughts...

Oh... the knob to adjust the voltage has been moved to the opposite end from the atty connection (far right side), and the display has now been moved to the center, so that tanks can easily be used on the device.

vv%20mk%202%20020.JPG

vv%20mk%202%20015.JPG

vv%20mk%202%20017.JPG

vv%20mk%202%20019.JPG

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Well it looks great to me and I have heard nothing but praise for it. So much so that I have one on order!

Ah... a gent from the other side of the pond!

They DO look great... I just worry about the overall size and weight.

They do appear to be a really well built, quality mode, however!

Funny that I haven't heard a thing about 'em on ECF. Please let us know when yours arrives, and give us a proper review!

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
You can indeed find out more about it on UK forums, but will happily post something up when I get it. It will be a week or two as he is doing a custom paint finish for me and I only got the paint to send him today!

Dave
I'd love to hear your review of this device, when you get it in, and see some photos of the custom paint job!

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN

daveinleics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
England
Well ,sorry it has been so long but I finally got this yesterday. What a fantastic mod this is - most of the specs are in the first post and as that suggests, you can put just about anything on this. If you want to rip your throat out and light up like a bulb it will run a 1.5 ohm DCC at maximum volts - I tried it, just once! In more “normal” use therefore it has the comforting feeling of just being in cruise control. It is extremely solid, made from aluminium and you could probably run a truck over it with little effect. It weighs in at 235gms – just over half a pound, but has a nice comfortable feel in the hand. You just set the voltage with the knob on top, it displays in the adjacent LED screen and off you go. As mentioned above it has a lot of built in protection. I'd add one further point which illustrates the thought that has gone into this. It has an in built 510 atomiser connector with uprated grommet to add further protection from shorts. An additional cut down 510 – 510 connector is tightly fitted flush to this as an additional safeguard to connect to your atomiser device.
What more could you possibly want? Well, since it was sort of a present to myself for going over three months off the cigs, Rob ("throathit") the maker agreed to customise mine in a gunmetal finish I chose (I wanted a change from black!). I think it looks great (he even managed to get the button to match!) and I am sorry my picture doesn't do it full justice.
throathit.jpg

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
dave
Congrats! That looks sweet!

Really love the gunmetal color, especially with the button!

This is a mod you'll be able to enjoy for years!

I ended up not getting one, as the size and weight kept concerning me. I really wanted a mod to take out of the house, with long battery life (which this certainly has), and relatively light weight (which this isn't). Ended up ordering a wood mod, which I'm awaiting (actually, two wood mods!)

If you get a chance, I'd love to see some more photos, perhaps a little larger? :blink:

Enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread