The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tiki Review.

Discussion in 'Halo' started by Autumn, Apr 5, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Autumn

Autumn Full Member

Mar 21, 2011
    SoCal
    Hello. I received my Tiki sample today.

I don't vape anything but Fusion (which is unflavored) so I didn't have any other residual flavors on my atomizer for the Tiki to compete with.

I used 4 drops of the Tiki, and commenced to a furious bout of sneezing almost immediately.

I found the menthol flavoring to be a bit more overpowering than advertised, and did not detect any non-mentholated tobacco flavor. The tropical undertones and menthol flavorings do not seem to pair well.

Other than that, I am most grateful for the speedy delivery of the remainder of my order.

:)

2. AmyB66

AmyB66 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    In A Padded Cell
    Mine should be in the mailbox tomorrow. I have two people who love menthol, one of them also loves pina colada so she my really dig this. I like menthol ice on occassion, so I am interested in trying it. My husband ended up liking the tribeca even though I didn't so I am guessing the tiki will go the same route, there will be three of us trying it out, maybe we all won't love it but I would be willing to bet my next order that one of us will.

3. nyabzns

nyabzns Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2009
    Midwest , USA
    So far I like the Tiki juice. A Pina Colada undertone with a menthol kick is exactly what it reminds me of.

4. AmyB66

AmyB66 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    In A Padded Cell
    just got mine. I have a non internet vaping coworker who loves both menthol and pina colada. I am gonna give it a few puffs and pass it her way, she'd be a much fairer reviewer because I stock her with halo menthol ice and tv pina colada on a regular basis, they are her favorites.

ETA: Just took a puff....hmmm, I might not hand it off. I smelled it and thought, nah, I ain't gonna like this as I got a vanilla and pina colada scent. I vaped it and got a great menthol hit with subtle vanilla-y and coconut undertones.

But in fairness I guess I will let her and my daughter's BF try it. He likes vanilla and menthol.

This is kinda nice, menthol with something different. Whodathunk! It is a keeper in my book Jay! As I vape they kinda keep bouncing back and forth though, one hit menthol first then the other flavors, next hit, other flavors and then the menthol, which is actually really great!

5. player30

player30 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    Tiki sounds interesting. I wish I had waited a week on my big order. I think I would have likes Tiki more than Tribeca. My husband is enjoying the Tribeca though!

6. Garnoch

Garnoch Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2010
    NYC
    Interesting. I taste no mental at all and I tape quite a bit of their Menthol Ice. I tasted spices, perhaps cloves and vanilla, maybe a little cream. Very nice flavor and a great flavor more Halo to branch out of their comfort zone. Vapor was great as is all Halo, but this was more of a laid back smooth tape - I would have preferred much more throat hit.

7. lindam

lindam Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Massachusetts
    I'm tasting clove and vanilla too, I think :)

8. Melnik

Melnik Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2011
    Burnaby, Canuckland
    Just got my sample ... damn it is good... its like eating cookie dough :laugh: Still little perfumery.. but i will let it steep for a while.

9. Johnny Blaze

Johnny Blaze Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Hmm..perfumey isn't good. We try to avoid that at all costs. Glad to hear you like it overall though.

10. Melnik

Melnik Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2011
    Burnaby, Canuckland
    Sorry, not perfumey, but i would say some flavors were little intense as i started waping it the moment i got the package in as i couldn't resist the smell :) Not like others perfumery soapy taste at all.

11. Johnny Blaze

Aug 11, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Hi Melnick, thank you for the clarification its much appreciated. Tiki Juice does have some very unique flavors, but I am glad you weren't referring to the "classic" perfumey taste of cheaper e-liquids.

12. LibertyValance

LibertyValance Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    I am gonna have to say this is the best Halo juice ever made. I am vaping 6 mg nic by choice so all juice tastes a little bland to me. 12 mg tastes better but I really want to stay with 6. I think that is why Tiki works for me - it has a pretty robust taste and smell.

I thought at first Malibu was my favorite but after nearly finishing the sample now I'm pretty sure Tiki is about as good as it gets.

13. siouxsie

siouxsie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    Sorry to hijack, but I adore your avatar. Although they could not be more different, Audrey and Siouxsie are just about the top 2 women on my list. Florence from Florence + the Machine is climbing the charts rapidly... :2cool:

14. AJ1

AJ1 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Florida
    Tiki is one of the most interesting juices I've ever tried. I think this is one that would have to grow on me. The website does a good job by describing it "unique" with "sweet tropical notes." I definitely taste the vanilla (pina colada?) and the menthol in the end. Definitely worth a try if you like those flavors.

15. player30

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    My new bff, JB, sent me a surprise sample with my order. Tiki is great. I get a very nice mix of menthol and vanilla. I will review better later after I get tired of ODing on my Malibu!

16. player30

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    My first vape was filled with delicious wintergreen. I expected vanilla because that was the main scent I got. But the vanilla is very mild, which I think is good. A little licorice, and the tobacco is nicely mild. It is almost like a leafy tea tobacco.

I agree with what TampaSteve said about the robust flavors. Thet are robust and detectable, but in no way are they overbearing. Tiki is a wonderful tasty vape. A very nice departure for Halo. Good job!

17. Johnny Blaze

Aug 11, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks Player....Tiki is definatelty outside the realm of the normal Halo tobaccos. A very difficult flavor to describe, but one of my favorites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.