Tilemahos-Ithaka Dual coil build 26 g Kanthal .3 ohms

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Adam, 26g with these few wraps and dual coil is definitely low. You have to take care. When you go that low, small errors in the readings of a multimeter makes huge difference in the amps.

Yes of course Thank You but all is well I always double check I don't need any bat problems. I wouldn't want anyone to take risks that can be avoided my meter is well not that great and the bat in it needed replaced so it fell well within the specs of that bat waiting for some efest 35 amp imr bats right now you can never be to safe. thank You

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Yes of course Thank You but all is well I always double check I don't need any bat problems. I wouldn't want anyone to take risks that can be avoided my meter is well not that great and the bat in it needed replaced so it fell well within the specs of that bat waiting for some efest 35 amp imr bats right now you can never be to safe. thank You

Efest batteries are a joke. they don't do 35 amps. VTC5 or the samsung are the safest currently.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I agree aal. I put efest 14500 on Proteus and they stopped responding at 3,6 volts when AW went down to 3,3 volts as expected. For a second I thought that proteus had a problem lolQUOTE=Aal_;14279352]Efest batteries are a joke. they don't do 35 amps. VTC5 or the samsung are the safest currently.[/QUOTE]

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
I agree aal. I put efest 14500 on Proteus and they stopped responding at 3,6 volts when AW went down to 3,3 volts as expected. For a second I thought that proteus had a problem lolQUOTE=Aal_;14279352]Efest batteries are a joke. they don't do 35 amps. VTC5 or the samsung are the safest currently.
[/QUOTE]

I will post the testing benchmark results for the bats that I will receive. (I hope the results are what they said they’d be)
I am really confused these days with information of course I trust you guys and respect your opinions there is no question about that, but what I have decided to do from this point on is try my best to provide testing benchmark results for the gear that I am using. How I use something may not be as intended by the manufacturer, what I do may not be the best way of doing it. I think the best thing for Vaping at this point in time is testing, testing and more testing I feel that there are not enough of us to force the powers that be to change and the only way to beat them are to give information that cannot be argued or disputed. Should all e-juice be tested (Yes)? Should all batteries be tested (Yes)? I do not know about you guys and girls but to my dismay I am not rich and would like to know form test results and benchmark test what are the best safest e-juice and bats out there I am willing to pay for the best because it gives me peace of mind and a quality product that I can trust. Why do you buy GG products I buy them because of the Quality and the Warranty and they just work great and the support from Imeo and ECF can’t be beat.
Sorry to rant but it’s time for some real information for every Vapor’s sake and to keep the powers that be at bay.

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
For example look at this so called 20A battery. Take a look at the first graph down at 20 amps.

It is ridiculous.

AkkuDB

This is what I am talking about Great thank You This info is great Thank You
I want to put the responsibility on the manufacturer to provide all the info and testing to the customer "us" there bread and butter I want them to know that they have educated customers that need the info and want it.

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
In my mind the "continuous amp limit" is what we need to be looking at this is what I find tricky about the battery labels.They can put the pulse amp limit say 40AMP on the label they are not lying but the "continuous amp limit" may only be 20AMP this can be bad for very low sub ohm's So reading the data sheet is important but everyone knows that. But when the datasheet is just wrong to begin with well that's just criminal imo Be safe everyone1

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Efest batteries are a joke. they don't do 35 amps. VTC5 or the samsung are the safest currently.
The purple Efest 2500 mAh are indeed not 35 amp continuous, they are rewrapped 20 amp LG he2s. The LG he2, however, is a great battery, even beating the vtc5 in many cases. But, it's 20 amps, so the coil resistance can't be as low as on the vtc5/4.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
The purple Efest 2500 mAh are indeed not 35 amp continuous, they are rewrapped 20 amp LG he2s. The LG he2, however, is a great battery, even beating the vtc5 in many cases. But, it's 20 amps, so the coil resistance can't be as low as on the vtc5/4.
Agreed. Not saying anything bad about the he2 they are great batteries. It is the misinformation of efest that bugs me.

Edit: the link I posted is about the other battery which is a rewrapped panasonic and clearly cannot do 20 amps safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread