Tips for making big batches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjg123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
Riverside, CA
So I was making a big batch for me and my buddies and I came out with an extra 10mls. The flavor is a bit muted and weak. I think I messed up on the VG. I was using the big ole 20ml syringes from wizard labs pulling the plunger up to 25mls. I would pull it just a hair passed the line for 25ml to try and compensate for the bubble, and I think that's where I went wrong. Should I stop compensating? I'm also using those big green blunt tip needles for VG. Thanks for the help fellow vapers

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
For any batch above 30ml, I use a 50ml or 100ml glass cylinder. Makes mixing much easier and not as messy!

And, yes, don't compensate. Just do another syringe pull.

I gotta get some glass cylinders... they were all sold out at Wizard Labs but I think they carry them at a local science and hobby shop.. I'll have to pick some up!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I use my syringes like beakers. I put my finger over the bottom hole and drip or poor my ingredients into the top of the syringe. Then I just release the bottom finger over my container to release the contents of the syringe; then I insert the plunger to get the last little bit out.

Same here with smaller mixes and all flavs!

Extraunordinary

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Where I am
Same here with smaller mixes and all flavs!

I do each ingredient separate making it easier to fix overage. I have 60ml syringes so large batches are not a problem. My Wife's job makes it easy for me to acquire any size syringe. I've tried beakers, and I don't like that some of the liquid gets left behind.

fjg123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
Riverside, CA
Yeah I use a plastic beaker from Wizard labs, I got glass too but afraid I might break em. It just seems like whenever I mix above 60mls, I get a ton of overage. I may try and do what extraunordinary said and just keep everything seperate until the final mixing. Most of my other beakers are just collecting dust anyways.

nnote

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Mesa
Do you mean leftover juice in the needles?

I ordered a whole bunch of blunt tip needles so I can use them each for individual flavors between cleanings

No, I wash mine out between flavors. What I mean is sucking up .5 mill of flavors can be .6 with what's in the needle. Doesn't sound like a lot but especially with bigger batches it adds up. I've had a big batch ruined because I had to fill the syringe 3 times to put in enough flavor, in the end, the extra that was in the needle those three times added up and made my batch to strong.

Dvx67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Lexington, KY
Little tip for y'all, take the needle off the syringe when you're sucking up PG/VG, no need for it.

Just use the big syringe - remove the plunger and pour the vg/pg/nic base in the top. No need to draw anything up into the syringe. Then dispense it into the bottle without a needle. This method is very precise, quick, and easy.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
No, I wash mine out between flavors. What I mean is sucking up .5 mill of flavors can be .6 with what's in the needle. Doesn't sound like a lot but especially with bigger batches it adds up. I've had a big batch ruined because I had to fill the syringe 3 times to put in enough flavor, in the end, the extra that was in the needle those three times added up and made my batch to strong.

Ah yeah this is something I've wondered about. Is there a way to measure how much extra is in the needle to compensate? Not sure how feasible it is but maybe I'll try to fill just the needle up with liquid and put it into a syringe with the needle off to see how much it measures, then just subtract that from the measurement? Or fill, say, 4ml with a needle and put it in a needleless syringe and see how much extra is in it?

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
With no intent at all to be a wise azz, but if you're worried 'bout residual flav/PG/VG/nic in a needle, ya need to be using 'calibrated (aka measured) drops; not a syringe!

Besides, all ya gotta do with 3-7ml test recipes is just get close. Do your t-bud adjustments with 10-15ml and on up. Otherwise you're gonna drive yourself back to smokin' 'bakky!

'Member, ALWAYS take note on your adjustments, regardless on da mix volume!!!

Don't forget da OP's thread title...
bad-idea.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread