• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tired of the leaking from my egoC. Please help recommend new carto, atom, something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillie

Nov 13, 2012
AZ
My starter kit came with the 3 clearomizers. They were o.k. Still leaked. I splurged a while ago and bought a Viva bcc carto locally. It was pretty expensive but I got it anyways because I needed something. Well that piece of junk leaked all the time! It made me hate a liquid before I got to vap it much. The smell all day long from it leaking made me sick of it. Although it did smell good I hated it after the day was over. I tightened the head and the carto. The carto ended up breaking at the threads.

Nevertheless I've had to use analogs here and there. I'm pretty much non vaping because of leaking container issues. I've read many threads but it just makes it more confusing to me. I'm going to check out the local shops out here in Avondale and see if I can get recommended anything else. I was recommended the viva and that was a total waste of money.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I use Kanger EVODs, Kanger T3s minis, iSmoka bcc minis and the new Joye ego cc (not the clear CE4 type) and none of them leak. These are all bottom coils that use replacement heads or atomizers. Where is the leak coming from? Are you using branded products or clones? A lot of local brick & mortar stores carry clones. I recommend Joye ego c upgrade batteries either variable voltage or not along with the new ego cc that uses replacable atomizers. Air holes are at the top rather than bottom and is a unique design that eliminates leakage.

This is where I get mine so you can see pictures but there are other places.
Joye eGo-CC Electronic Cigarettes, Starter Kits & Accessories by Joyetech

Last edited:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I've had bad luck with some cheap eGo clearos too, if the top plug gets distorted while filling it, the leakage is bad ...

Recently got some with the top vent perpendicular to the axis, that seems to minimize seeping ...

Glad I spent the money for the Ovale Elips-C, it has an o-ring seal around the atomizer, and another o-ring at the base of the mouthpiece, never leaks at all. The tank might seep a little when nearly empty, but the o-rings contain it ...

Still waiting to find a good quality rebuildable eGo clearomizer with a sleeve and threads for a pen cap, for a stealth PV that looks like a fountain pen, no visible tank ...

phillie

Nov 13, 2012
AZ
Thanks for the advice and replies! I picked up Kangertech 3GS and so far it is great! No leaks and no juice going up the tube.

patkin, it leaked from the bottom. I checked the oring and tightened the head. It did stop for a very short time but it started again. I'm pretty sure this was the real deal. It came in a tin case, logo on it, and 3 heads which are useless to me now.

rico942, A PV that looked like a fountain pen would be cool! I like to keep mine in my pocket at work but looks odd sticking out.

unknown_shooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Phoenix AZ

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
A PV that looked like a fountain pen would be cool! I like to keep mine in my pocket at work but looks odd sticking out.

Exactly ! There are lots of domestic websites with eGo-C parts that can be assembled into a "fountain pen" PV. The only problem is when someone asks to borrow your "pen" ...

I always tell them the truth, and say ...

"There is no ink in it ..." :D

The Ovale is even smaller, it slips sideways in a dress shirt pocket and lays horizontally. Its so thin that nothing shows, and it never leaks ...

That pen style from Fasttech looks interesting, but it appears to have no pen clip, and the specs say its 125mm long, almost 5 inches. You can build one from a 350 mAh eGo battery and pen top clearo thats only 4 5/8" long, and sits all the way down in a shirt pocket. Two of these keeps me vaping happily through a work day, and I always have one battery charging on a USB port ...

Size DOES matter, and for stealth, smaller is better ... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread