To cartomize or not to cartomize, that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

needtoknow

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
TN
Hey all I have been reading and studying like crazy. Just want to get a couple of things straight. As far as I read two piece cigs have cartomizers, and three piece ones have attys. Which one will last longer before having to refill? Which one is easier to refill? :confused: I don't mind having to mess around at home with it, but my primary purpose (at least at first) is to use at work and I don't have much time to smoke, so I want the one that requires the least hassle.

Also a couple of forum questions, as I am not very experienced at this.

1. I have put my picture in my profile but it does not seem to show up on my posts?

2. I tried to start a thread in a group that I joined but it would not let me?

3. I realize that if I start a thread It should be easy for me to go in and find any responses, but if I just post a comment or question on someone else's what is the best or most efficient way to see if anyone has responded or commented on my post?

4. I have seen how to use someones quote in full, but how do you just attach one line or paragraph?

any help with any of this would be a great !!!!!
that is if I can find this after I am done LOL

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
3. I realize that if I start a thread It should be easy for me to go in and find any responses, but if I just post a comment or question on someone else's what is the best or most efficient way to see if anyone has responded or commented on my post?
I use the Search feature, click on Advanced Search, and then search for my own posts.

Kobudo

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Evansville, IN
I can't find the subscribe me to threads option, as I said I am real new at this, thank you for your patience

Click through the following: User CP > on the left side of the page, "Edit Options" > Scroll down to "Default thread subscription mode" > choices in the drop-down box are as follows:

Do not subscribe: you won't be subscribed to threads you reply in or start

No email notification: You will auto-subscribe to threads you start or reply in (my favorite option)

Instant email notification: you get an email every time someone posts a reply to every thread you subscribe to (I don't stay on top of my email account enough to want this!)

Daily email notification: like above, but one email per day

Weekly email notification: one email per week

Need anything else, just ask...

FizzleFisch

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Lake Travis - Texas
yea it did, there might be hope for me yet

Q-- when I check out all my posts, how do I delete the old ones or multiple posts on the same thread?

I can't see that you've done any "multiple (duplicate) posts on the same thread". [at least so far...if that's what you mean!] -- Still, the moderators would most likely clean those up on the 'not-so-frequent' occasions where it might happen.

... otherwise.. can you explain a little more about what you're referring to as "old ones"... when you ask about "..how do I delete the old ones..."

fisch:)

FizzleFisch

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Lake Travis - Texas
You can't delete your post and you have a very limited time to edit.

j0ker is right. You can't really 'delete' a post that you've already posted. It CAN be deleted by moderators, of course. But that, as a general rule, doesn't happen very often. -- As j0ker also mentions... there is some kind of a time limit on being able to go back & 'edit' a posting you've recently made. (Although... I must say, I've never run into the time-barrier myself)

fisch

needtoknow

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
TN
... otherwise.. can you explain a little more about what you're referring to as "old ones"... when you ask about "..how do I delete the old ones..."

fisch:)[/quote]

when I go to quick links or stats under my profile and click on find all my posts, It shows all my posts and some of them are under the same thread, and how come your quote posts show up in there own separate box and mine show up with out?

thanks for all your help

Last edited:

FizzleFisch

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Lake Travis - Texas
...when I go to quick links or stats under my profile and click on find all my posts, It shows all my posts and some of them are under the same thread..
Well.. yes..as they should. If you've actually submitted more than one posting in a given thread; then all of those postings *should* rightly show up as belonging to that one particular thread...shouldn't they? -- doesn't that make sense?... - or not?

In other words, if you do a search of 'your posts'... the resulting list will include each (and all) of your individual postings. But there could easily be several of those that (as a subset group) .. all belong to a single given thread. Yes?

...and how come your quote posts show up in there own separate box and mine show up with out?
Anytime you wish for something to show up as a highlighted quote (in a box as you call it) ..you have to ensure it is properly bounded by a couple of special *markers*. One marker is at the front of the text... and one is at the end. The beginning marker is the term quote (placed within braces [ ])..... and the ending marker is /quote (again..placed within a set of braces [ ] ).

-- You've apparently been inadvertently deleting the first (or beginning) marker ... probably without realizing it.

..hope that helps.

fisch

Last edited:

needtoknow

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
TN
Anytime you wish for something to show up as a highlighted quote (in a box as you call it) ..you have to ensure it is properly bounded by a couple of special *markers*. One marker is at the front of the text... and one is at the end. The beginning marker is the term quote (placed within braces [ ])..... and the ending marker is /quote (again..placed within a set of braces [ ] ).

-- You've apparently been inadvertently deleting the first (or beginning) marker ... probably without realizing it.

..hope that helps.

fisch

I am trying it out

needtoknow

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
TN
yes it worked

Thank you for your help!!!

As far as the deleting thing, I guess I just want to make it easier to get back to a thread, Example, now when I go into quick links to search for my posts to see if anyone has responded, there is every one of them and I only need the last one to get back there. So now I have 7 or 8 post that lead me to the same thread. Does this make sense? Or am I just stupid? It is not much of a problem now, but when I get allot more posts I just think it would be easier in the future to be able to delete some of the multiples.

One more question, since you seem to be very knowledgeable, If I find something on a thread that I don't post on but want to have easy acess to that info, is there an easy way to save that to be able to refer to later?

Thank you again for all your help. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread